Job ID: 2214106
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Nov 17, 2022
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is looking for a SIGINT Systems Engineer to support a satellite development program in Chantilly, VA. This position requires an active Top Secret/SCI with CI Polygraph.
In this role you will support the design, development, manufacturing, assembly, integration and test activities for a satellite program. This will include direct support for a SIGINT payload development (manufacturing and testing oversight, verification and validation, schedule analysis, risk management, and general acquisition support).
Job Responsibilities will include:
- Assist in overseeing the design, manufacturing, assembly, integration and test activities for a SIGINT payload including development and acceptance of the receiver system and antennas
- Assist in the integration activities for this SIGINT payload including tasking and processing of the data
- Work with NRO enterprise partners to develop, implement and test the SIGINT payload for on-orbit operations
- Work directly with the government point of contact (GPOC) with managing the SIGINT payload development
- Support the customer in the oversight of subsystem hardware development, integration, and test activities at the subcontractor and associated vendor facilities
- Assist the GPOC managing and evaluating contractor MRRs, TRRs and in the development of enterprise CONOPS and on-orbit test plans and procedures
- Participate in enterprise system, subsystem and segment level design reviews and program management reviews to assess design maturity, requirements compliance and to provide informed technical recommendations to the GPOC
- Review test plans/procedures and test results and test reports for completeness and accuracy, including compliance to approved plans, and provide feedback to the GPOC
- Proactively identify and assess emerging technical and programmatic risks at the enterprise, system, subsystem level and then work with the Government enterprise Prime/Subcontractor to develop and evaluate mitigation approaches
- Develop productive relationships with Prime/Subcontractor counterparts, functional counterparts, and other subject matter experts
- Track development issues, significant accomplishments and upcoming events and provide weekly status updates, oral and in writing (email) to the customer
- Author, review, and coordinate technical documents
- Must possess an active TS/SCI clearance CI polygraph
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience
- Professional experience with development of SIGINT systems
- Proficient at program/project management within the customer organization
- Available to travel domestically approximately one week per month
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.