Job ID: 2214102
Location: STERLING, VA, United States
Date Posted: Oct 31, 2022
Category: Program Management
Subcategory: Program Mgmt
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: Hybrid Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is looking for an O&M Service Delivery Manager to join the team supporting a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Customs and Border Protection (CBP) program.
*2 days on site in Sterling, VA per week, 3 days remote.
The O&M Service Delivery Manager is responsible for guaranteeing service level agreements (SLAs), providing high quality service delivery, and satisfying the client's expectations. The candidate must possess high level verbal and written communications skills, emotional intelligence, possess strong leadership and management experience, and be an outgoing problem solver. The candidate will effectively track service metrics, lead professionals responsible for Tier II service desk support, data analysis, hardware assembly/manufacturing, and logistics; ensure systems, methods, and procedures are followed; design, build, and maintain a stable and efficient infrastructure optimizing service delivery across production, QA, and development environments; monitor, troubleshoot, maintain, and continuously improve the building, packaging, and deployment processes; implement automated infrastructure capabilities, e.g., backups, security tools, and monitoring; and utilize a consistent DevOps approach to improve all phases of the process, ensuring end-to-end quality across functions.
• Performs high-level, day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for complex operating systems, workstations and servers.
• Continually monitors and tunes multiple systems to achieve optimum performance levels.
• Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions of varying complexities.
• Develops, implements and promotes standard operating procedures and schedules.
• Conducts hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
• Works closely with Network and Systems Analysts to determine and develop systems that will be implemented.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (must be able to perform the following with minimal guidance):
• Coordinate O&M Service Delivery team members in their daily duties attending to client inquiries and facilitate a good customer service culture in team members.
• Evaluate and assess service delivery performance metrics, employing data analysis to continuously improve service delivery, and carry out survey on clients to weigh the level of service delivery in the company.
• Keep record of daily operations at the desk for tracking of customer needs, services rendered and future reference.
• Create a mode of operations adhered to by team members in order to maintain good routine and orderliness.
• Delegate specific service desk responsibilities to team members to create specialization and increase service delivery pace.
• Review all client complaints, perform a root cause analysis, rectify issues and liaise with appropriate departments to handle complex issues in a bid to provide more effective solutions.
• Observe service desk operation techniques to determine how effective they are and implement new techniques when old ones are ineffective.
• Present executive-level briefings to client ensuring transparency, thorough data analysis, and action plan.
• Other duties as assigned.
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT:
• Manage experienced professionals (e.g. engineers, scientists, financial analysts) who exercise discretion and independent judgment performing assignments.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelors and 10-15 years of related experience; Masters and 10+ years experience.
• Minimum of 10 years' experience in an IT support role.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.