The qualified applicant will support the Space Warfare and Analysis Center (SWAC) – Navigation Warfare (NAVWAR) Division Chief located in Colorado Springs, CO. The applicant will support modeling, simulation and analysis (MS&A) platform development, technical analysis, program management-like activities in and internal Division coordination across all classification levels.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist SWAC NAVWAR Division Chief in documenting analytic results, distilling technical material and crafting narrative for senior congressional, department, service, and interagency leadership
- Track modeling, simulation, and analysis efforts across multiple contractor-led development efforts and produce recommendations to enhance and optimize the effectiveness and efficiency of proactive defense capability integration and execution
- Collaborate in internal division cross-team planning, coordination, and task execution situations involving the full spectrum of systems engineering and integration activities for a force design effort
- Assist SWAC NAVWAR Division Chief in program management efforts to include contract development, schedule and performance management and tracking, and cost tracking to include aggregating and generating monthly financial reports
- Technical background
- Technical understanding of the RF spectrum and how space-based RF systems operate in different orbital regimes
- Technical/operational understanding of PNT user equipment and how capability varies in different operational environments and in different form factors
- Technical/operational understanding of military planning at the strategic, operational and tactical levels.
- Experience: PNT specific technical experience in developing a military program and/or COCOM operational planning experience and/or Joint/Allied operational experience
- Strong Communications/leadership background
- Strong Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word skills.
- Familiarity with classified networks and systems.
- Ability to decompose and articulate thoughts in chart or narrative form, and to quickly developing technical, programmatic, informational content in support of the Division Chief
- Ability to aggregate contractor deliverables and generate high quality, professional, charts and documents that can be communicated to Congressional, Service/Department, Center, Director level leadership.
- Ability to clearly communicate directors/division chief’s intent to other Division or SWAC personnel as well as to articulate and translate technical content into leadership level decision making products
- Experience: 10+ years in strategic and operational level roles developing and communicating products to senior levels of leadership
- Strong programmatic background
- Ability to work with the SWAC Biz ops team to put efforts on contract and develop supporting documentation; manage calendars at the Division level; actively manage cost, schedule and performance; aggregate and generate monthly financial reports for each contracted effort
- Experience: 10+ years in program management role with direct experience putting efforts on contract and managing cost, schedule and performance
- Certifications: PM/system engineering certifications (Commercial or military) (Desired PM Level II)
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in engineering required, Masters of systems engineering or similar is desired.
Target salary range: $125,001 - $150,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.