SAIC is looking for a Network Engineer to lead Enterprise Applications efforts in support of our NIWC PAC customer for the OCONUS Navy Enterprise network (ONE Net). This position architects, plans, configures, deploys, maintains, and upgrades COTS/GOTS and custom toolsets to address vulnerabilities and/or implement security controls.
This program has been been newly awarded to SAIC and is expected to begin March of 2023.
Work is performed both on-site in San Diego, CA as well as remote flexwork in the local area.
- Develop new deployable Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (MECM) automated or manual solutions.
- Conduct Information Assurance analysis and scanning of applications using Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) and Security Compliance Automated Protocol (SCAP). Provide outputs of services and protocols.
- Analyze and evaluate COTS and GOTS applications by ensuring applications are accredited, customer software rationalization, licensing verification, version control, vendor maintenance or POR support.
- Perform functional and security testing (compliant/compatible with the current approved and accredited host workstation operating system (such as Windows 10), Group Policy Objects (GPO), and Workstation Baseline software and services) of Enterprise Applications prior to packaging an application for network deployment.
- Assess Enterprise Applications software and develop a technical solution for deploying the software in a single electronically deployable package and/or a hosted virtual application that can be deployed throughout the designated network and develop local load installation procedures that can be easily understood and implemented in the field.
- Provide patch management support for all approved Enterprise Applications.
- Support Tier IV for new applications by reporting findings, fixes, and recommendations into Remedy system.
- Provide software support for all new approved Enterprise Applications to correct deficiencies in production software.
- Support Security Assessments by ensuring new applications are ready for Information Assurance (IA) security review and are in compliance.
- Coordinate with vendors to resolve any initial findings as resulting from an IA security review.
- Ensure compliance of Security Requirements Guides (SRG) or Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and provide feedback to the Security Engineering and Certification & Accreditation (C&A) Teams for new Enterprise Applications.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and two (2) years or more relevant experience preferred; equivalent combination of education, training, and experience in lieu of degree may be considered
- DoD 8570 IAT Level I (CompTIA Security+ required).
- Experience with MECM required
- Secret Security Clearance required
- Experience in Applications testing – Pre/Post Scans, ACAS, STIG, etc
- Creating installation procedures.
- Creating test procedures.
- Windows OS, Software applications Operating Systems and network experience.
- Technical troubleshooting, problem solving and customer service skills.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.