SAIC is looking for an Azure DevOps Engineer to join our Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC) team in Washington, DC. The Azure DevOps Engineer’s primary responsibilities include providing technical leadership in the creation and support of continuous integration (CI), continuous development (CD) pipelines for Cloud services using Azure DevOps Server; as well as contributing to the design, management, and support of the Azure PaaS/IaaS environment.
- Provide strong technical leadership with an exceptional understanding of Microsoft Azure DevOps Server to guide both software development and IT infrastructure operations teams through a transition from legacy development tools and processes to modernized processes with a tool stack including DevOps Server, Visual Studio, Oracle Forms, JDeveloper, Oracle ODI Studio, SoapUI, SonarQube, Qualys, Selenium, System Center Operations Manager, and other tools.
- The successful candidate will provide hands-on guidance on topics such as branching and merging, build automation, workstation configuration, CI/CD pipelines, other release procedures and general use of the tools.
- The position supports both Microsoft .Net and Java development teams; an overall understanding of both technologies is necessary. Prior experience as a developer in one or both technologies is beneficial.
- Provide engineering guidance on build server implementations and hosted agents.
- Provide engineering guidance on Infrastructure as Code implementations and resource provisioning automation
- Provide engineering guidance on implementing support for containerization capabilities (Data Bricks, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Provide engineering guidance on automated code deployment into both legacy on-prem infrastructure and Azure IaaS and PaaS such as Data Bricks/Data Factory.
- Provide engineering guidance on managing SaaS configurations including Dynamics 365.
- Drive a well-maintained capability by maintaining architecture roadmaps and by working with IT Operations personnel and application teams to upgrade servers, operating systems, middleware software, database software, and agency applications. Also coordinate OS, middleware, and database patching. Notify affected teams of the upgrade and patching activities. Similarly, work with application teams to identify server needs for new applications. Coordinate with the data center vendor and application teams to either build new servers or deploy the new application to existing servers.
- Assist the IT Operations and incident management personnel with major incident resolution. Provide impact analysis for server or application outages and assist with finding additional support contacts related to the outage. Participate in incident response calls as necessary.
- Work with Business Process engineers, SecOps Tool engineers, ITSM Tool engineers and others to integrate and automate actions throughout the development lifecycle.
- FIVE (5) YEARS’ EXPERIENCE AND PROVEN SUCCESS MANAGING ANY SOURCE CODE REPOSITORY, WITH AT LEAST TWO (2) YEARS MANAGING AZURE DEVOPS SERVER.
- DEMONSTRATED UNDERSTANDING OF SOFTWARE CONFIGURATION MANAGEMENT, BUILD, DEPLOYMENT AND RELEASE MANAGEMENT, APPLICATION LIFECYCLE MANAGEMENT, INFRASTRUCTURE, AND DEVOPS TOOLS AND PROCESSES.
- DEMONSTRATED ABILITY TO OPERATE INDEPENDENTLY WITH LIMITED DIRECTION, AND TO RESPOND RAPIDLY IN A DIVERSE ORGANIZATIONAL ENVIRONMENT, WITH DAILY CUSTOMER INTERACTIONS. ABILITY TO PROVIDE GUIDANCE TO LESS EXPERIENCED PERSONNEL.
- DEMONSTRATED ABILITY TO MANAGE AZURE DEVOPS SERVER SOURCE CODE REPOSITORIES. ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE WITH OTHER REPOSITORIES SUCH AS PVCS, SVN, AND CVS AND EXPERIENCE SUPPORITNG MIGRATION FROM LEGACY REPOSITORIES TO DEVOPS SERVER IS PREFERRED.
- EXCELLENT COMMUNICATION AND ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS ARE REQUIRED.
- Clearance: Must be able to attain Public Trust
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.