SAIC is seeking a highly motivated Cloud Engineer to work on the Landmark AOS program on-site in Chantilly, VA. Landmark AOS is a large SETA contract, supporting the customers Ground Enterprise Directorate (GED), responsible for the Acquisition of systems over the complete end-to-end life cycle.
This position requires an active TS/SCI with Poly for consideration.
- Advising senior and technical personnel to aid in the delivery of robust, scalable cloud-based software architecture that meets or exceeds mission management requirements with a focus on scheduling
- Monitor Government sponsored development efforts by evaluating current and future architecture, supporting software integration, and providing ongoing assessment of products, service and platform providers
- Provide overall technical expertise of agile software development and delivery of an integrated mission thread while ensuring architectural design meets Government and stakeholder requirements
- Evaluate ongoing maintenance and development meets readiness requirements to support enterprise test activities
- Providing advisory services to maintain and evolve the architecture based on rapidly evolving mission needs and ensure optimization of cost, consumption, and performance of services are achieved across all service and platform providers
- Providing creative and innovative architectural solutions to ill-defined requirements
- Reviewing and assessing impact of proposed scope changes to future architectures
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- BS in STEM domain or related field or additional 4 years of experience in lieu of degree
- Six (6+) or more years of demonstrated experience in one or more following activities:
- IaaS, PaaS and SaaS Services (compute, storage, network, security, administration, automation, application services, databases)
- Designing and deploying solutions to Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud (GCP), IBM Cloud or Oracle Cloud
- Large-scale data architecture, data modeling, database design, and information systems implementation
- Experience working in the SIGINT Operations environment
- Acquisition experience in starting or modifying SIGINT systems
- Familiarity and experience with the Acquisition process to assist legacy and new programs in meeting their obligations
- Experience in service-oriented architecture, web services, Application Programming Interfaces, and understanding containers, container orchestration, auto-scaling, advanced deployment models, CI/CD with GitOps, and pipeline customization
- Experience in decomposing application components and determining how to leverage various technologies found with modern cloud services
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in enterprise data strategy, data governance practices, data stewardship principles, data architecture principles, data standards, and metadata management best practices
- Ability to translate requirements into end-to-end designs for systems that involve multiple interfaces and supporting data repositories
- Strong customer service skills, teaming skills, and the ability to collaborate within a cross-functional team as well as the cloud service providers (AWS, Microsoft, Google, IBM, Oracle)
- Strong acquisition background in an agile environment
- Experience with successful full life-cycle development projects
- Experience with Jira, Confluence and/or Service Now as user
- Experience in monitoring and testing performance and technical systems
- Experience in building and deploying systems on the Cloud, using CI/CD frameworks and Infrastructure automation
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.