We are looking for a Director of Compensation that has a proven leadership record, is attentive to detail, results-oriented, and flexible with the ability to navigate challenging forces in a fast-paced environment with significant change. The role will report to the Senior Vice President of Total Rewards and partner with senior leaders across the enterprise. The Director of Compensation will create and implement innovative, scalable, and competitive Compensation programs. The successful candidate will have intellectual curiosity, strong communication skills, and an ability to build strong partnerships across the enterprise.
- Designs, develops, implements, and administers broad-based compensation programs for SAIC.
- Manages and oversees corporate-wide compensation projects (e.g. annual merit process, variable compensation programs, etc.).
- Ensures end-to-end processes are established to ensure internal equity, external competitiveness, and compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and company policies.
- Lead and develop a team of Compensation professionals to ensure they have a thorough understanding of the business strategy as it relates to the enterprise compensation strategy and can design, deliver and manage compensation programs for their assigned client groups.
- Lead strategic compensation projects, key initiatives or processes horizontally caring for the needs of leaders enterprise-wide.
- Lead team and company through year-end compensation cycles ensuring smooth execution and managing within internal controls.
- Proactive management of risks, applying sound judgment and business acumen.
- Exhibit thought leadership and foster strong relationships both within Total Rewards and across Corporate and Sector groups (e.g., HRBP’s, Finance, Legal, PM’s.) including approaching work as collaborative.
- Serve as escalation point, owning resolution with partners and business leaders enterprise-wide.
- Proactively stay up-to-date on industry and market trends that may impact our ability to attract and retain talent.
- Strong problem solving capabilities leveraging an outside in lens to develop innovative solutions.
- Communicate with and influence senior executive leaders. Able to effectively build consensus and challenge and debate respectfully.
- Inclusive leader focused on creating a culture of belonging through attracting, actively developing, and supporting talent across our function.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military experience
- At least 18 years of experience in compensation
- At least 5 years of experience in a client-facing or consulting role
- At least 3 years of experience in people leadership
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, or Human Resources
- At least 5 years of experience effectively leading and communicating compensation strategies at all levels including the C-Suite
- At least 5 years of experience in the Government Contracting industry
- Advanced Excel skills (e.g., VBA, macros, array functions)
- Experience innovating processes or programs
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP)
Target salary range: More than $225,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.