SAIC is seeking a Service Now CMDB Developer to be a critical member of the RITS team providing remote customer support.
MOTE: This role offers 100% work from home / remote / virtual work at home
- As part of the management of the CMDB, this role will ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and build relationships to promote close alignment with multiple lines of business
- Implement best practices to support a collection of up-to-date and inter-related configuration items in ServiceNow CMDB about IT infrastructure, applications, and services to ensure data completeness and accuracy
- Support design, development, and implementation of automated processes for gathering, populating, and maintaining CMDB data
- Drive transformation of the CMDB to align with the Common Service Data Model (CSDM)
- Works with internal stakeholders to define and implement all mechanisms needed to ensure full control of the product owners Configurable Items (CI)
- Assist in defining and registering of CIs: the appropriate level of attributes, and relationships required to support IT Service Management (ITSM) processes
- Responsible for performing status accounting/reporting, verification and auditing the CMDB
- Assist in establishing a formal CMDB governance model and creation of key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Key stakeholder supporting CMDB tasks to include the configuration management plan and standard, monitoring CMDB health, communicating CMDB activities, and assist in training other Technology team members on how to utilize the CMDB
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; four (4) years of experience accepted in lieu of degree
- Must have Security+ certification
- Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain the interim Secret Security clearance to begin working on the contract. Must be able to obtain the full Secret Security clearance. SAIC will assist with the process of obtaining the interim Secret clearance for the qualified candidate.
- The ideal candidate must be experienced at maintaining enterprise hardware and software configuration items (CIs), ensuring data integrity, and tracking assets within a ServiceNow CMDB
- Knowledge of CMDB best practices as part of a large Operations and Maintenance team to meet business and IT requirements
- Demonstrated knowledge of IT infrastructure to identify the relationships between configuration items
- Experience with Change Management review for possible changes to the environment, to include asset counts (addition or decommission), software version changes, and dependencies
- Experience in applying continuous improvement approach in enhancing the strategies for tracking assets within the Asset Module, throughout their lifecycle
- The CMDB Administrator is responsible to help define, implement and integrate Configuration Management policies and procedures to support the configuration management database (CMDB)
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.