SAIC has several immediate Software Reverse Engineer openings on a newly awarded contract located in Bethesda! You would work in the Technical Exploitation Intelligence Support team which is critical in supporting DoD, Federal, and IC partners’ Global War on Terrorism efforts by providing state of the art technical exploitation and collection capabilities in digital media exploitation triage and automation, advanced technical Media Exploitation (MEDEX), and advanced Mobile Device Exploitation. Activities include digital forensics activities, software reverse engineering, hardware exploitation, parser development, reverse engineering, mobile applications development and engineering, and technical exploitation.
- Isolate, review, analyze, reverse-engineer, and modify malicious and non- malicious programs and applications.
- Analyze software and firmware using reverse engineering techniques to understand security vulnerabilities, working closely with teammates who value innovation and execution.
- Perform in-depth analysis (dynamic/static) on malicious software (i.e., bots, worms, Trojans) resident on Microsoft® Windows™ and Linux based platforms to provide actionable intelligence and, as appropriate, provide remediation recommendations.
- Analyze, disassemble, and reverse engineer software binaries; document and transition results in reports, presentations and technical exchanges.
- Pro-actively identify, define and advocate reverse engineering and analysis processes, approaches and concepts to enhance/improve technical exploitation efforts.
- TS/SCI is required. A CI Poly is preferred or be willing and able to obtain a CI Poly.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in relevant technical areas
- Two (2) Years experience with computer forensic software packages such as EnCase, FTK, or Sleuth Kit/Autopsy
- Experience with reverse engineering and network security tools, including at least one of the following: Ida Pro, Immunity Debug, WinDdg, VIM, Emacs, Trace32/JTAG, GDB, make, ctags, git, mercurial, and/or Wireshark
- Experience with either Windows Kernel, C, C++, Python or Assembly Language and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Hardware configuration and network/data communications experience
- Experience conducting intelligence analysis and writing finished intelligence reporting with high quality and with minimal revision
- Thorough understanding of compiler specifics, operating system concepts, security models, and the causes of most vulnerabilities and how to exploit them, preferably, experience coding and disassembling software on both Windows and Linux or other BSD and Unix variants
- Knowledge of the types and techniques of cyber exploitation and attack, including virus, worm, Trojan horse, logic bomb, and sniffer to identify, quantify, prioritize, and report vulnerabilities in enterprise architecture, networks, communications, applications, and systems
- Ability to establish defense mechanisms to detect and deflect Cyber-attacks on networks and communications systems and structures and design and evaluate applications that are secure from known and potential methods of Cyber-attack
- Ability to coordinate systems implementation activities with key personnel to ensure the successful transition from development to implementation and operation, present and defend a position, and to communicate with government and contractor team members
- Experience with virtualization, driver programming, and debugging
- Previous experience with ethical hacking and/or testing vulnerabilities
- Ability to diagnoseand debug software systems
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.