SAIC is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to support Facility Planning for NSWC Crane, IN.
NOTE: This is hybrid remote position requiring candidates to be on site approximately two times per week.
Typical tasking includes engineering/planning for infrastructure projects, both short-term tactical planning to long-term strategic planning.
Mechanical engineering support includes:
- Engineering Support - support project development, equipment repair and preventive maintenance support, and infrastructure design projects, including minor/major facility repair and new construction. Conduct engineering studies of facilities including campus design, building layouts, high level building system designs, and other facility engineering studies.
- Tactical Facilities Support - develop scope and cost estimates in support of tactical facilities projects. Provide project planning, track progress to schedule, and action item resolution.
- Strategic Facilities Support - collect requirements information for potential facility investments, prepare associated cost estimates, and provide an assessment to recommend the best alternative. Provide investment recommendations to the Government with high-level cost, schedule, and priority identified. Provide project planning, track progress to schedule, and action item resolution.
- Operations and Sustainment Support - perform special surveys and inspections of specific individual buildings and structures. Support the inspection of structural, electrical, plumbing, and mechanical systems for development of condition reports as part of the Infrastructure Condition Assessment Program (ICAP). Provide a Property Condition Report in accordance with ASTM E2018-15 Standard Guide for Property Condition Assessments: Baseline Property Condition Assessment Process. Provide project management expertise to participate in operations and sustainment planning meetings to track project status (such as cost, schedule, performance PvA), take meeting minutes, and report status of operations and sustainment efforts. Provide material-handling equipment (MHE) fleet management support, to include inventory and maintenance tracking
- Space Configuration Management and CAD Support - provide AutoCAD drawings for requested floor plans, layouts, and/or systems furniture design. Provide a bill of materials for systems furniture on all requirements for system furniture layouts.
- Construction and Sustainment Project Management Support - provide project management support through the application of PMBOK principles (or equivalent) to plan, schedule, track, manage, coordinate, and report on all assigned projects. Provide engineering construction management support to include tracking of project cost, schedule, and project development. Provide technical writing support associated with organizing and communicating infrastructure requirements in a variety of documents. Submit recommendations and documents to the Government for approval
- The contractor shall provide engineering expertise and problem solving concerning process designs, layouts and process based performance specifications that are developed and existing. The contractor shall also provide engineering expertise on the designed performance specification. The specification must detail the needs of each piece of process equipment for utilities to include: power, water, compressed air and ventilation. The Contractor shall also identify the hookup locations for each utility and identify those on the process layout. The contractor shall support the planning and monitoring of emergency, urgent, and routine maintenance of HVAC systems. The contractor shall support HVAC lifecycle management plans and strategies for maintenance, upgrades, and replacement. Support includes the assessment of system and subsystem health, projected costs and schedules to provide recommendations for maintenance and repair of systems and subsystems of various buildings on base.”
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND CLEARANCE:
- Bachelors in Engineering and four (4) years’ experience; Or Masters in Engineering and 0 years’ experience.
- Preferred Bachelor’s level degree in Mechanical Engineering and 4 years’ experience in project planning and development.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and MS Office (Word, Excel, databases)
- Candidate must be a US Citizen.
- Must be able to obtain a Full DoD Secret Clearance, no clearance required to start. SAIC will sponsor candidates for a security clearance.
- Experience in Department of Defense (DoD) and/or US Navy infrastructure planning including construction and sustainment regulations and criteria.
- Ability to engage Government customer to capture infrastructure new construction or repair and sustainment requirements, develop a scope of work, develop a parametric cost estimate, and develop a project a project schedule (with a work breakdown structure).
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.