SAIC is seeking a Sr. Systems Security Engineer for our client's operational requirements supporting the INDOPACOM Joint Exercise Program (JEP) within a challenging, dynamic setting located in Pearl City, HI area.
- Contributes to build out, maintain, and troubleshoot our virtual, cloud and physical infrastructure.
- Provides secure installation, systems integration, and technical support for the VMware virtual environment, Cloud services and Microsoft Active Directory (AD) and Windows 2016 (and above) servers.
- Provide support for a client base of Windows 10/11 and Office 2016 (and above) products.
- Leads security integration, technical analysis, and practical application of security controls within the environment in collaboration with the site's Information System Security Manager (ISSM).
Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience; four (4) years of experience considered in lieu of degree.
- Must be equipped and able to work in a dynamic and rapidly expanding environment.
- Must possess an advanced knowledge of current Microsoft Server, Active Directory, SQL Server Enterprise, Exchange Server, and SharePoint products.
- Must have advanced knowledge of virtualization, IP networking, DNS, Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), cryptography, Type 1 encryption devices, and systems integration.
- Must have strong knowledge and expertise in implementing DISA STIGs, static code analysis for software certifications, logging, and DOD vulnerability management toolsets like HBSS/ENS and ACAS.
- Should be able to analyze, interpret & recommend solutions for system shortfalls, discrepancies or improvements in security related technologies and access requirements.
- Must be able to provide technical and non-technical security control design, implementation and documentation with Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Must be able to meet DoDM 8570.2 IAT II or III requirements (CompTIA Security+/CASP, or ISC2 CSSP/CISSP).
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills
- Self Starter with good problem-solving skills
- Ability to establish working relationships with customers, staff, managers and peers
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Windows based environments.
- Evidence of significant experience in Windows 2016/2019 AD and Servers.
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (VMware, AWS, Azure).
- Proven scripting skills (e.g., PowerShell scripts).
- Strong networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP).
- Ability to operate independently with minimal oversight.
- Meet DoDM 8570.2 IAT II or III requirements (CompTIA Security+/CASP, or ISC2 CSSP/CISSP).
Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance (TS/SCI preferred).
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.