SAIC has an immediate opening for a SETA Systems Engineer on-site in Chantilly, VA in its National Security and Space Sector that will allow you to leverage your experience and creativity to positively impact the development of the customer's future ground architecture. This customer is responsible for designing, building, and operating national security–related systems based in space, in the air, and on the ground.
The engineer sought here will serve a USG Program Office in the development of an evolutionary, revolutionary, and transformational ground architecture to support the customer’s next generation space systems and technology. The architecture will support and deliver capabilities in a modular, open architecture that provides global, persistent, real-time surveillance and activity based intelligence information.
- Work as a Systems Engineer as part of a world-class Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) team
- Strategize with government, SETA and industry partners to conceptualize a future ground architecture to drive the customer's new space architecture
- Perform technical review and assessment of concepts, systems, technologies, designs, architectures, interfaces, and operation of space and ground systems suggested by industry through responses to government Request for Information and Broad Area Announcements
- Research state-of-the-art space vehicle component technologies and sensor concepts/capabilities and provide technical advice to guide next-generation ground use of those technologies
- Collaborate across multiple teams to refine requirements and system trades
- Provide programmatic and acquisition support to include constructing Request for Proposal and Statement of Work material and participating in source selection activities
- Participate in design reviews and technical interchange meetings to assess and guide development activities performed by development contractors
- Review development contractor’s documents and procedures, requirements flow down, verification methodologies, calibration plans, Concept of Operations (CONOPS), Interface Control Documents (ICDs) and test plans to ensure program success
- Technical and programmatic support through the entire project life cycle including concept development, system definition, acquisition planning, source selection, system design, development, integration and test, system delivery, and mission operations
- Briefings and reports including technical and programmatic assessments presenting analysis, results, conclusions, and recommendations. Brief USG staff and industry partners, as requested
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph
- Bachelors degree in science, technology, engineering, or math discipline with minimum of ten (10) years of relevant work experience or seven (7) years with a master’s degree
- Practical understanding of space and/or ground systems, hardware, software, operations, and their interdependence
- Experience with the customer’s acquisition lifecycle process to help support various projects from inception to completion
- Strong Government programmatic experience helping the customer drive success in all their activities by providing sound advice
- Experience providing acquisition support to include working budgets, schedules, requirements, contracts (drafting SOWs, CDRLs, RFPs), and supporting source selection efforts
- Experience working with or helping manage Government contracts
- Broad understanding of space and/or ground systems, hardware, software, operations, and their interdependence
- Systems engineering and integration applied to spacecraft, ground, and launch systems
- Overhead space systems collection in one or more domains (signals, imagery)
- Small Satellite (SmallSat) systems (single vehicles, clusters, and/or constellations)
- System modeling & simulation and/or system performance analysis
- IC mission, organizations, disciplines, systems, and/or processes
- Demonstrated familiarity of spacecraft technologies, concepts, and systems
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.