SAIC is seeking a Telecommunications Engineer to perform broadband network/transport fiber engineering service delivery support for a government customer. The successful candidate will support an array of technical design and project implementation efforts while supporting a Government Program Management Office (GPMO).
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
The successful candidate must be able to:
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of test methodologies, verification/troubleshooting of Dense wavelength-division multiplexing (DWDM) telecommunications circuits
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of Optical Line System (OTN, OC-192, 10/100GE) circuits
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of MEF 2.0 Carrier Ethernet (E-LINE, EVC) circuits
- Demonstrate experiences using telecom test equipment (Viavi, EtherBERT, JSDU, EXFO, Acterna, etc.)
- Demonstrate a familiarity with IC/DoD organizational structures
- Employ industry best practices of test methodology criteria with parameters needed to ensure satisfactory delivery of TCP/IP layers 0, 1, and 2 transport solutions
- Provide strategic support to the customer’s Program Management Office (PMO)
- Provide TIER 3 / TIER 4 styled technical oversight for the acquisition, installation, and allocation of bandwidth
- Define circuit specifications
- Perform requirements analysis, schedule assessments, and cost estimations for alternative solutions
- Conduct risk assessment and analysis of network architectures, and identify mitigations to minimize risk of outages on services
- Act as a technical lead for support services on behalf of internal and external mission partners and customers
- Coordinate with internal and external mission partners and customers to shape, quantify, and capture requirements and risks
- Develop and provide updates to network design supporting changes required by internal and external customers
- Provide technical support for review and analysis of vendor proposals and other submissions
- Understand IC Partner network architectures, and provide consultation and technical input regarding cross-community transport questions
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Visio, Project, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel)
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills, and the ability to work multiple efforts concurrently with shifting priorities
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors in a STEM related field and five (5) years or more experience; Masters in a STEM related field and three (3) years or more experience; or ten (10) plus years of telecommunications experience in lieu of a degree
- Training in ATM, SONET, LAN/WAN, Satellite Communications, Optical Network Design, Carrier Ethernet, and/or Circuit Management
- Six (6) or more years of experience supporting Tier-3 network anomaly resolution
- PMP and/or Agile certification is a plus, but not required
- ITIL certification is a plus, but not required
- TS/SCI with willingness and ability to obtain Polygraph
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.