SAIC is looking for a Systems Administrator to join our Orlando, FL team.
The Systems Administrator is a crucial part in SAIC’s mission to delivery leading solutions, capabilities, and resources to our customers in National Security, Defense, Federal/Civilian, and other organizations. As a well-established expert in the fields of Classified IT Operations and Systems Administration, you will join a high-performing Operations team operating, maintaining, and supporting a wide range of technologies, missions, and solutions to SAIC and our Customers.
What our team does:
- Secures, maintains, operates and supports numerous accredited systems supporting overhead functions, programs, and solutions.
- Proactively addresses requests, issues, problems, and opportunities to ensure security compliance, functional requirements, and business/operating objectives are achieved.
- Coordinates and works together with teammates in various capacities (analysts, engineers, officers, managers) to maintain continuous awareness and effective response to changes in priorities.
- Effectively provides and supports ITIL and other standard lifecycle/system management processes e.g. Configuration/Change Management, Vendor/Supplier management, Resource/Capacity plans, and others as needed to affect forward-looking planning and management of the systems/operation of the business.
- Collaborates together to share effective solutions to common problems, identify opportunities, recognize each other, and contribute to the success of the team as a whole.
What you’ll do:
- Provide technical and operational excellence: Maintain world-class IT Infrastructure operations of assigned/designated work locations and networks, provides monitoring, diagnosing, and troubleshooting of network firewalls, switches, routers, VoIP Phones and other associated network hardware and software and supplies infrastructure support for other IT-related services, e.g. AV and VTC, as required.
- Provide continuous Assurance: Maintains full awareness of Security, Regulatory, and Corporate policies/compliance requirements, interpreting and managing implementations of technology in support of those controls. Performs and provides proactive assessments and testing/validation of controls against requirements (self-auditing) as needed.
- Collaborate and Inform: Actively participate and lead coordination, execution, and/or support activities with stakeholders, partners, and teammates to ensure awareness and the effectiveness of change control activities, risk reviews, and assessment activities.
- Foster growth & innovation: Identifies areas requiring product or process improvement, engages with team members to design, implement, and verify improvement efforts (e.g. upgrades and hardware or software engineering change orders resulting in the desired performance improvement/compliance mitigation), applies your knowledge and experience to benefit the development of teammates and other peers.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills:
- Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience. Masters and zero (0) years experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Experience in administrating/management of networked solutions comprised of Windows Servers, workstations, thin clients, network devices, et al in DoD/Agency environments. Linux server experience is a plus.
- Experience managing and maintaining Identity and Authentication solutions including Active Directory (incl. Group Policy Management), PKI, MultiFactor Authentication.
- Very Familiar with Risk Management Framework (RMF) processes and NIST 80053 implementations in secure environments.
- Experience reviewing, understanding, and implementing network and security protocols and methods (i.e. 802.1x, DHCP, VLANs, Firewalls, IPSEC/TLS, et al) and the interactions between these and desired solutions.
- Demonstrated history securing and managing VMWare hypervisors and converged architecture, backups, and data protection/controls.
- Security+ CE or other IAT Tier II certification or the ability to obtain IAT Tier II certification within 90 days.
- Active Secret clearance with ability to obtain TS/SCI
- Must be a US Citizen
Desired Qualifications, Preferences:
- Agile Friendly: Familiar and comfortable with Agile methods (scrum/kanban), Agile work management platforms, and ITIL principles.
- Nessus configuration experience and use.
- Communication & Presentation skills: Experienced and comfortable collecting, maintaining, and presenting information relevant to teams including Management, Stakeholders, Customers, and others including both Localized and Enterprisewide posture and readiness information e.g. Heatmaps, Dashboards, and Scorecards.
- Depth of Security Knowledge: Specialized certifications including but not limited to DOD Information Technology Security Certification and Accreditation Process (DITSCAP) or DOD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP), ISSEP.
- Forward looking: Experienced with Cloud platform services in IL-5 or higher providers (e.g. AWS/Azure GovClouds) a plus
- Collaborative: Comfortable working with and seeking out/engaging with others inperson, over standard collaboration platforms like Zoom/Teams including appearing on video (where permitted), and over the phone.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.