SAIC is seeking a Document Analyst to provide on-site support in the Pentagon working as part of a contract team within the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Office of the General Counsel for Intelligence (OGC/Intel).
- The candidate will:
- Develop and maintain policy and procedures for record filing and disposal in accordance with DoD standards
- Screen, prepare, scan and index legal review files before they are sent for storage and archiving.
- Coordinate records and comply with records management instructions, records retention/disposal guidance, and annual inspection of file plans/records.
- Address security requirements and procedures for properly handling and storing/archiving classified materials with NARA.
- Distinguish classified information from unclassified information when archiving legal files.
- Codify and categorize documents for digital files.
- Convert legal files into electronic form.
- This includes document preparation, scanning, transferring scanned documents to storage media and performing final quality checks
- Provide database, indexing, and archival support, to include:
- analysis of chronological files;
- review of archival documents;
- review international agreements; and
- inputting data from international agreements into the database.
- Other tasks and assignments may also include:
- Working daily with the Deputy General Counsel, Intelligence, Associate General Counsels and the Office Manager.
- Providing administrative and records management support to the OGC/Intel office attorneys.
- Assisting with administration including the coordinating, assisting, filing of legal actions and scanning for OGC/Intel.
- Providing administrative and records management office support in addressing the workload (e.g., tracking, organizing, and archiving) and knowledge management activities across the government attorneys and contractor staff.
- Hand-carrying legal actions to other coordinating offices throughout day.
- Opening and closing actions using the suspense tracking system (STS).
- Performing general editing functions, answering phone calls, escorting non-cleared personnel in the office, maintaining files, and preparing correspondence.
- Making copies, scanning documents, producing files, assisting in scheduling and monthly reports, and maintaining basic office functions.
- High school degree or equivalent.
- At least three (3) years or more relevant document analysis/records management experience with the Department of Defense.
- The ability to review, understand, and analyze complex legal and non-legal DoD documents
- Understanding of security requirements and procedures for properly handling and storing/archiving classified materials.
- Strong understanding of NARA storage procedures
- Fluency with, and understanding of, DoD, Joint Staff, and the Military Departments standards of practice and records management
- Ability to leverage established relationships with other DoD components and agencies
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of Applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and common office software applications.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required together with proficient research and analytical skills.
- Experience with knowledge of administrative and clerical functions, processes, practices and procedures.
- Flexible team player and capable of interacting at all levels within the customer space as well as other parts of the defense community.
- Motivated, self-starter with the ability to accomplish tasks under pressure with limited supervision.
- Strong admin skills and a strong ability to multi-task.
- Flexibility in order to accommodate time-sensitive and mission-critical work.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.