SAIC is seeking an experienced Systems Engineer to support the Space Systems Command (SSC)’s engineering, development, integration and sustainment of numerous state-of-the-art satellite ground systems. SAIC will work with SSC to modernize satellite ground systems for United States Space Force (USSF) operations, research and development and demonstration missions to develop, deploy, modernize, and expand the program and its customers.
- Capture system requirements and develop system baselines
- Conduct full lifecycle engineering reviews including System Requirements (SSRs) and System Design Reviews (SDRs), Preliminary (PDRs) and Critical Design Reviews (CDRs), etc.
- Support and participate in system Configuration Management process including Engineering Change Proposal, Engineering Review Board/Configuration Control Boards (ECP, ERB/CCB)
- Identify system development risks, construct risk management plan and risk mitigation approaches
- Design and implement technical solutions for new business needs and challenges.
- Respond to and resolve issues reported by employees by debugging, performing root cause analysis, and working closely with internal and external support teams
- Participate in the extraction, organization and documentation of hardware, firmware, and communication system requirements, linking the needs of the Software development application teams to Hardware and Firmware requirements.
- Work with the Systems Test Team to ensure proper requirement Verification and Validation methodology and execution, including determining test strategy and coverage based on a technical risk assessment for each use case or functionality.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering, scientific, or technical discipline and 9 years or more relevant experience; Master’s degree in an engineering, scientific, or technical discipline and 7 years or more relevant experience
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in the areas of systems development, engineering and acquisition
- Active DoD Top Secret or DOE Q clearance with ability to obtain SCI
- Excellent communication skills, able to describe complex technical issues in a concise and user-friendly manner
- Proven knowledge in Requirements Management, Quality Control, and Configuration Management
- Strong written and interpersonal skills
- Active TS/SCI
- Knowledge of systems engineering processes, methods, tools, and program roles to develop, implement, and deploy solutions for Satellite Ground Equipment/Systems
- Familiar with systems engineering standards such as IEEE 15288 and INCOSE
- Demonstrated success overseeing a growing number of disparate SaaS systems with complex integrations and automations
- Demonstrated success overseeing all aspects of Single Sign-On (SSO) implementation across user endpoints, SaaS, and authentication servers (SSH)
- Experience in Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) construct and Earned Value processes
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.