SAIC is seeking a Modernized GPS User Equipment (MGUE) Deputy to join our team of diverse PNT Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) team. The qualified applicant will become a member of SAIC’s PNT SE&I senior leadership team.
The PNT SE&I Team provides specialized engineering, analysis, operations support, and subject matter expertise supporting the Space Systems Command (SSC). The team also provides systems engineering and analysis services to include system development, enterprise and system architecture, acquisition, testing, operations, and sustainment support for existing and new capabilities. Team members also provide an enterprise perspective for identification and review of risks and risk mitigation plans and work to institutionalize systems engineering best practices across the Space Systems Command (SSC).
Major duties of the position include:
- Support UE lead as the deputy by helping manage and mentor team of User Segment Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and engineers
- Interact with the MGUE government, other program government leads, and prime contractors to ensure that system requirements and interfaces are consistent and valid across the GPS Enterprise
- Ensure the integrity of MGUE engineering products, such as system specifications, requirements allocation products, system architecture, design analyses, interface descriptions, software products, and verification products
- Support the GPS Enterprise in defining, capturing, and maintaining the MGUE technical, schedule, and cost risk data throughout the system lifecycle as well as developing risk mitigation courses of action and assessing impacts of risks and proposed changes
- Support acquisition milestones and readiness assessment activities, evaluating Engineering Change Proposals (ECP) and providing technical assessments in support of current programs of records and any advanced User Equipment efforts.
- Develop, document, execute, integrate and evolve MGUE systems engineering processes to enable effective GPS systems engineering and integration efforts.
- Actively participate in the GPS requirements process, Technical Baseline Change Manage Process (TBCMP), to include requirements development, being GPS SE&I representative at boards, and helping SMEs and engineers with Technical Interchange Meetings (TIMs) and Adjudication Working Groups (AWG)
- Write and deliver high-quality engineering documents suitable for distribution to SE&I technical staff/management and customer decision-makers
- Bachelors of Science degree in Engineering
- 18 + years of experience working on DoD or similar programs, with a BS degree 16 years of experience with a Master degree
- US Citizen
- Active DoD Secret Security Clearance,
- Must be eligible for TS/SCI
- Proactive leader who identifies and solves issues
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills
- Experience working with senior military personnel and industry counterparts
- Experience managing a team of engineers
- 18+ years’ experience as a systems engineer or other technical discipline.
- Master’s degree in technical discipline or MBA.
- TS, with SCI highly desirable.
- MGUE or GPS experience highly desirable
- Experience and familiarity working with DoD acquisition organizations
- Experience working specifically on a Systems Engineering and Integration contract
- Experience analyzing and resolving proposed technical changes to technical baseline (i.e., interface documents, specifications documents, architecture products) using sound systems engineering discipline
- Experience and familiarity with reviewing and editing Government technical documents
- Understanding of System Engineering practices, techniques, and procedures
Target salary range: $175,001 - $200,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.