SAIC is hiring IT Field Service Technicians to join our team in Austin, Texas.
- Provides Tier 2 “touch labor” Field Services support to fulfill service requests and resolve incidents acting as the local face of the Service Desk. This includes projects, Installs-Moves-Adds-Changes (IMAC), coordinating hardware break/fix, sparing of desktop and infrastructure, validating configuration items, updating the configuration management database, and Knowledge Base articles. Accountable for successful Incident/Problem Management and Service Request Management enablement and resolution.
- Ensures that the day to day field services operations meet SLAs and issues are proactively addressed.
- Responsible for supporting field operations including staff and customer support, incident resolution, and other support tasks;
- Provide technical coaching and training as things evolve in the environment; provide customer support in the field to include local desktop staff and other infrastructure support staff.
- Ensure timely, accurate and complete assistance to users in the areas of PC support, desktop applications, printers and print services, tablets and mobility devices according to set Service Level Agreements (SLA)s and IT procedures; monitor operations and escalations of service requests to various Tier 3 support teams, application development, business units, and Program/Project Management Office (PMO) when appropriate (or required); function as a primary representative of the end-user community and represents its views and changing needs.
- Implement applicable industry best practice support model; oversee desktop support problem resolutions to identify trends or problem support areas and ensure that support procedures are being followed.
- Follows procedures to ensure effective support coordination between IT Service Desk (Tier 1), Tier 2, and Tier 3 resources.
- Responsible for the development and delivery of ITIL-based service reporting and trending for management covering all processes, especially availability, reliability and incident management.
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Associates with seven (7) years or more experience; High School and Nine (9) years of experience
- Must be a US Citizen and have a interim Secret Security clearance prior to start; with the abilivity to obtain full Secret Security clearance.
- 8570 Baseline Certifications for IAT Level I (A+ CE, CNNA-security, CND, Network+ CE or SSCP)
- Must have the ability to obtain Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate within 6 months of start date (Can obtain either MD-100 or MD-101).
- Prior HelpDesk, Desktop Support, Field Support experience
- Understanding of network infrastructure concepts, computer operating systems and familiarity with Microsoft products
- Possess proficient analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Proficient relationship building skills, including the capacity to predict and manage behavior, build and leverage cross-functional partnerships within and outside of the organization, and leverage influential leadership
- Ability to remain flexible and adapt to changing priorities with promptness, efficiency and ease
- Demonstrated capacity for gathering and scrutinizing data to identify issues, opportunities and patterns
- Excellent oral and written skills, with an ability to understand and predict customer behavior and response to communication
- Outstanding organizational skills
Desired Experience (not required):
- CompTIA Security+ CE
- Help/Service Desk experience and ITIL v3/v4 (or equivalent), or HDI Support Center Analyst
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate
- Knowledge of ServiceNow or equivalent platforms for IT Service Management and Delivery
- Network environments and equipment such as Cisco or equivalent technologies
- Mobile communications and Video-Teleconferencing
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.