Job ID: 2213253
Location: FORT BELVOIR, VA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 1, 2022
Category: Environmental, Health & Safety
Subcategory: Env Analyst
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a top-notch Occupational Health and Safety Manager to join our team in Fort Belvoir, VA.
· Serve as the government Point of Contact for regulatory reporting responsibilities (e.g., injuries and illnesses, etc.) and confer with key Federal and State Government officials to promote the Agencies position in the interpretation and enforcement of regulatory requirements.
· Perform Occupational Health and Safety audits throughout the enterprise. Develop program metrics to track Occupational Health and Safety Program success, identifying corrective actions.
· Represent the organization in meetings involving policy and other matters pertinent to the Occupational Health and Safety Program and coordinates projects with mission partners, external liaison, and Federal and State regulators.
· Review program strategy for technical feasibility and adherence with regulatory requirements and prevailing professional practice.
· Review and approve reports to ensure technical accuracy and compliance with objectives, policies, guidelines, and laws affecting the enterprise.
· Chair the Site Environmental Safety Committee meetings.
· Mastery of occupational safety and health principles, practices, procedures, body of laws and regulations (e.g., 29 CFR 1910, 29 CFR 1926, and DODI 6055.1)
· Bachelor’s Degree in Risk Management, Industrial Safety, Safety Engineering, Safety Management, or a closely related field with 9 years experience. Additional years of related experience shall be considered in lieu of degree.
· Certification in safety and/or risk management such as Certified Safety Professional or Certified Industrial Hygienist.
· Ability to work independently with little oversight. Must be able to take the initiative and make the program successful.
· Ability to advise senior officials within and outside the enterprise concerning occupational safety and health and serve on external working groups.
· Knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office products (e.g., Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and ability to work with Occupational Health and Safety software tools.
· Active TS/SCI with Poly is required
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.