Job ID: 2213145
Location: HOUSTON, TX, United States
Date Posted: Sep 1, 2022
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Sys Safety Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Public Trust
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC has an immediate need for a Systems Safety Engineering Manager to support the SMAEC II contract at NASA's Johnson Space Center in Houston, Texas. SMAEC II provides comprehensive safety and mission assurance (SMA) services to all active and in-development Human Space Flight (HSF) programs led or supported at Johnson Space Center in Houston, Texas.
This position involves overall management and execution of Quality and Flight Equipment task orders that supports the work performed under the NASA Johnson Space Center (JSC) Safety and Mission Assurance (SMA) and the Quality and Flight Equipment Division. The Division performs work on various human space flight programs and projects including the International Space Station, Extra Vehicular Activity (EVA), Gateway, Human Landing System, JSC institutional support and others. The Quality and Flight Equipment manager serves as the core contract interface with the Government designated Technical Management Representatives (TMRs) to support task order evaluations, resource estimation, execution and performance. The manager is responsible for technical, cost, schedule and risk management for all task order products and services delivered to the NASA customer.
- Task Order (TO) Cost Account Management - Monthly personnel/resource forecasting, developing work estimates, monitor work plans
- Monthly Financial analysis, variance assessment, and reporting
- Coordination with contract business management and program control on financial issues and risks
- TO product review, approval and delivery
- Monthly financial and product reporting
- TO Performance Management – ensure timeliness and services meet and exceed SAIC and customer expectations
- Regular communication with the SMAEC II PM on technical items and issues regarding projects, programs, milestones, flight readiness, mission anomalies, etc. that the contract is supporting as part of the SOW/TO
- Communication with the PM, Business Manager, and other management regarding performance issues including personnel, processes, tools, or interfaces that are, or could affect TO or contract performance or deliverables
- Coordination with staff and other managers for resource planning
- Regular communication and coordination of risks, issues, and successes with NASA customers and SMAEC II leadership
- Ensure compliance to corporate and contract policies
- Ensure compliance with schedules, cost, and performance requirements
Qualifications - External
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors in Engineering or other Technical focused degree and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience.
- Minimum 14 years related experience.
- At least 5 years’ experience supporting human spaceflight
- Demonstrated capabilities in the following:
- Technical Team Leadership and Supervision
- Budget Management Experience
- Customer Communication (Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills)
- Technical mentoring
- Risk Management Methodologies
- Influencing expected outcomes
- High degree of technical excellence, integrity, and self-initiative.
- Ability to work effectively across multiple organizations / stakeholders and within a teaming environment to get results.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches, and propose solutions to technical problems.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Power Point, Excel).
- Safety and Mission Assurance experience is desirable with emphasis on risk management, Certification of Flight Readiness plans/processes/tools/products, pre-flight readiness review process, development/review of FMEA/CIL and hazard analysis, and reliability/maintainability analysis.
- Project Management experience and familiarity with methodologies and tools, PMP considered a plus
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.