SAIC has an immediate opening for a Sr. Communication/Network Field Engineer to support the THAAD Interop program at Redstone Arsenal/Huntsville, AL.
- Candidate will be responsible for providing technical expertise for tactical communications equipment/ networked systems in support of research, development, integration, and acquisition efforts
- Candidate must have ability to accept tasks and work independently to achieve completion of tasks
- Candidate must have ability to learn new systems/communication equipment with little or no training
- Candidate will work with government and prime contractor teams to assess component integration approaches, monitor progress, and determine the most effective improvements to component integration strategy
- Candidate must be able to travel both CONUS and OCONUS under short notification, this can be 25% up to 50% of the time.
- Preferred BS degree and 9+ years of experience but not required if candidate is strong in required skills and meets the requirement for this position.
- Must have ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance and a valid passport.
- Ability to understand and decipher router configurations. Strong understanding in network and IP protocols, routing, and firewall solutions used in this solution
- Knowledge of building configurations, updating IOS, applying STIG’s and troubleshooting network, firewall and Communications issues in a real time environment
- Ability to research, test and understand new communication equipment and provided organized thoughts and suggestions in reference to that equipment in a concise and easily understandable manner
- Current Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) and/or Network+ certification
- A working knowledge of Link-16 Data protocols
- The ability to work under pressure to ensure mission success
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of products, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- The ability to support mission requirements during evenings and weekends and evenings as scheduled
- The ability to travel on commercial as well as military style transports
- The ability to lift 25/50/80 pounds regularly
- The ability to respond quickly to sounds
- The ability to move safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaces
- The ability to see and respond to dangerous situations
- The ability to work in extreme weather
- The ability to wear personal protective gear correctly most of the day
- Strong Understanding of Tactical Communication Equipment
- Ability to develop and train others
- Ability to develop and execute testing of equipment/software
- Experience with fiber optic and networking cabling; troubleshooting, repair and installation
- Experience with integrating and deploying LOS and SATCOM related systems such as the PRC family of radios, SMART-T, SNAP, CPN, JNN, Gators and COMSEC
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.