SAIC is currently seeking candidates for a Unified Communications and Collaboration (UCC) Network Engineer to support our customer on the C4 Enterprise Support Program.
- This individual will provide UCC network engineering support of projects and networks at headquarters and in the customer Area of Responsibility
- The UCC Network engineer is responsible for surveying, designing, implementing, testing, training and documenting worldwide enterprise class voice and video solutions in support of our warfighters
- This engineer is viewed as a leader in collaboration technologies and must be able to turn customer requirements into functional solutions by coordinating and providing network design and troubleshooting guidance to forward units; identify, diagnose, and resolve complex problems affecting network performance; provide planning and engineering guidance to network planners and project managers; develop and maintain network SOPs and TTPs
- Research, analyze, recommend and implement new technologies, standard processes, tools and techniques
- Researches, evaluates and stays current on emerging tools, techniques and technologies; maintain skills and capabilities through education, training and hands-on experience
- Perform mentoring and training tasks for peers and customers as required; transfer project knowledge to other team members and customers as required
- Research and provide equipment recommendations and cost quotes for engineering solutions and equipment updates
- Participate in design and peer reviews
- Provides oral and written reports/briefings
Education and Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience and 9 years of experience.
- 6+ years of experience as a Voice and Video solutions engineer
- CCNA-Collaboration certification required, but CCNP-Collaboration desired
- DOD Directive 8570.01 M IAT Level II certification (such as Security+) required
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Hardware - Routers, Switches, Firewalls, High Assurance IP Encryptors, Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE), Cisco MCU, Cisco UCS Servers, T1/E1 controllers, Cisco Voice/Video Endpoints
- Software - Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM), Cisco IM and Presence, Cisco Unity Connection, Cisco Expressway/VCS, Cisco WebEx Meeting Server, Cisco Jabber, Cisco IOS, Cisco TelePresence Management Suite (TMS), VMware vSphere Hypervisor/ESXi, VMware vCenter
- Protocols - SIP, H.323, H.320, SCCP, RTP, IPSEC, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP
- The ability to isolate and resolve network performance and communication issues to ensure maximum up time and reliability
- Strong understanding of VLANs, trunking, Quality of Service, static/dynamic routing and high availability configurations
- The ability to excel in a fast paced, demanding environment where each day provides a new set of challenges under short time constraints involving complex network configuration and/or troubleshooting requirements
- The ability to work in technology areas outside of their expertise
- Knowledge of U.S. Department of Defense security requirements, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Audio/Video design and integration experience
- Crestron control and programming knowledge is a strong plus
- Combatant Command and/or Service component experience
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.