SAIC is seeking a highly motivated Systems Engineer to join our team. The candidate will provide Systems Engineering Technical Advisory (SETA) support to a Government program office. This position requires an active TS/SCI with Poly to start. Awareness of the Acquisition process to assist legacy and new programs in meeting their obligations
- Advising senior and technical personnel to aid in the delivery of robust, scalable on-prem or cloud-based software architecture that meets or exceeds mission processing requirements
- Monitor Government sponsored development efforts by evaluating current and future architecture, supporting software integration, and providing ongoing assessment of products, service and platform providers.
- Provide overall technical expertise of agile software development and delivery of an integrated mission thread while ensuring architectural design meets Government and stakeholder requirements.
- Evaluate ongoing maintenance and development to ensure it meets readiness requirements to support enterprise test activities.
- Providing advisory services to maintain and evolve the architecture based on rapidly evolving mission needs and ensure optimization of cost, consumption, and performance of services are achieved across all service and platform providers.
- Providing creative and innovative architectural solutions to ill-defined requirements.
- Reviewing and assessing impact of proposed scope changes to future architectures.
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- BS in STEM domain or related field
- Demonstrated leadership experience supporting signal processing software development, maintenance and delivery
- Six (6) or more years of demonstrated experience in one or more following activities:
- IaaS, PaaS and SaaS Services (compute, storage, network, security, administration, automation, application services, databases)
- Designing and deploying solutions to Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud (GCP), IBM Cloud or Oracle Cloud
- Large-scale signal processing, storage, and database systems implementation
- Experience working in the SIGINT Operations environment
- Acquisition experience in starting or modifying SIGINT systems
- Experience in service-oriented architecture, web services, Application Programming Interfaces, and understanding containers, container orchestration, auto-scaling, advanced deployment models, CI/CD with GitOps, and pipeline customization
- Experience in decomposing application components and determining how to leverage various technologies found with modern cloud services
- Ability to translate requirements into end-to-end designs for systems that involve multiple interfaces and supporting data repositories
- Strong customer service skills, teaming skills, and the ability to collaborate within a cross-functional team as well as the cloud service providers (AWS, Microsoft, Google, IBM, Oracle)
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in enterprise data strategy, data governance practices, data stewardship principles, data architecture principles, data standards, and metadata management best practices
- Strong acquisition background in an agile environment.
- Experience with successful full life-cycle development projects
- Experience with Jira, Confluence and/or Service Now as user
- Experience in monitoring and testing performance of signal processing systems
- Experience in building and deploying systems on the Cloud, using CI/CD frameworks and Infrastructure automation.
- Ability to explain technical issues clearly and accurately to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to changing priorities
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.