Job Description: Join a winning team! SAIC’s National Security and Space (NSS) Sector is currently hiring for a customer within the Intelligence Community (IC) in Chantilly, VA. This customer is responsible for designing, building, and operating national security-related systems based in space, in the air, and on the ground. SAIC is a strong company providing opportunities for energetic individuals with a strong desire to expand their knowledge while increasing their responsibilities.
NSS Sector has an opening for a senior systems engineer to provide Domain Support Lead (DSL) Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) services to an IC customer. The customer organization we support provides the enterprise architecting, analysis, and systems engineering solutions that determine the current and future national space systems.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- DSLs are principal customer-facing SETA at SIGINT Domain level responsible for technical performance, project management, customer intimacy, tasking satisfaction, prioritization and oversight across the Domain portfolio
- Efficient and expedient application of staffing resources in coordination with Domain Enterprise Systems Engineers (ESE)
- Actively mentor Mission Engineer (ME) Leads in the accomplishment of assigned work efforts and prioritization recommendations as appropriate in consult with Domain ESE
- Active coordination and task de-confliction with ME Leads and Line Management in maximizing FTE utilization
- Working across multiple Directorates and Offices to identify and define future space capability needs
- Frequent interaction with government, SETA, FFRDC, and external stakeholders
- Identifying and defining future space capability needs
- Identifying key architecture and system level trades
- Developing Concepts of Operations (CONOPS) for new capabilities and coordinating them across the affected organizations
- Developing enterprise, system, functional, performance, and interface requirements
- Originate and manage the Request for Change (RFC) process as it relates to updating requirement baselines
- Preparing briefings for senior decision makers
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM (science, technical, engineering, math) or related discipline with at least 14 years of relevant experience, Master's and 12 years experience or PhD and 9 years experience.
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Familiar with current and future SIGINT satellite, airborne, and ground collection systems to include current and future processing capabilities
- Experience with capability and requirements hierarchy to include JCDs, ECDs, SOCs, etc.
- Proven experience with analysis, exploitation, processing and reporting of SIGINT data
- Proven experience with IC customer missions and capabilities relative to space and ground
- Proficient in analysis of SIGINT geolocation to include single and multi-site, single and multiple platform, time difference of arrival, frequency difference of arrival, phase difference of arrival, and angle of arrival
- Proficient in analysis of the collection and processing of weapon system telemetry and range instrumentation signals
- Working knowledge of SIGINT systems to include command & control, collection, mission processing, and dissemination as well as associated compliance policies
- Proven experience in requirements development and definition activities to include stakeholder engagement and customer needs elicitation
- Proven experience in core systems engineering and analysis disciplines to include lifecycle engineering readiness and processes
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and energetic environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Advanced degree in STEM (science, technical, engineering, math) or related discipline
- Experience with IC customer’s RFC process and the Engineering Review Board process
- Systems Tool Kit (STK) certification
- Experience in systems modeling/tool methodologies (e.g., CAMEO, UAF, and SysML applications)
- Experience with Agile Development, SAFE Agile system development methods
- Innovative, strong work ethic, able to think critically, and able to take initiative and work both independently and within a team
- Prior US military and/or IC customer experience
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.