SAIC is seeking to hire a Senior Safety & Mission Assurance Engineer in the area of Probabilistic Risk Assessment (PRA) to support NASA’s human spaceflight programs at the Johnson Space Center in Houston, TX.
- Provide Probabilistic Risk Assessment (PRA) skills to NASA in support of NASA’s human spaceflight programs including, but not limited to, the Commercial Crew, Orion Multipurpose Crewed Vehicle, and Gateway Programs
- Develop and utilize system safety and reliability analysis such as hazard analysis, FMEA, RBDA, FTA, HRA and PRA to assess ground support and spaceflight hardware, software, pre-launch, in-flight and post landing recovery operations to identify hazards and quantify risk of designated operations, conditions or events related to planned human spaceflight missions
- Perform reliability data analysis, including the collection, classification and validation of data used to model and predict the reliability of complex spaceflight systems and crew operations under extreme environmental conditions
- Provide system modeling and data analysis expertise to develop reliability and probabilistic risk assessment models, and the reduction and application of probability data, including development of early flight adjustment factors
- Coordinate with spaceflight hardware/software developers and operators to collect failure and operations related data necessary to model spaceflight systems
- Provide modeling and data analysis for design and operational trade studies to support risk informed decision making
- Document assessment/analysis results in formal reports and present findings and recommendations to senior management
- Provide technical assessments of System Safety, Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability (RAM) products and processes developed/used by NASA contractors and hardware providers
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors in Engineering, Science (Physics), Mathematics, or Statistics, and 15 years or more experience; Masters and 13 years or more experience.
- Recognized subject matter expert in the highly specialized field of PRA and quantitative risk analysis of complex systems and operations.
- US citizen able to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- Ability to pass a NASA background check to get access to NASA facilities and IT systems
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work effectively across multiple organizations / stakeholders and within a teaming environment to get results
- Ability to work autonomously, with minimal management oversight, to prioritize work and accomplish tasks within tight schedule constraints
- Ability to visualize, articulate, and condense complex issues into concise, easily understood presentations
- Ability to generate high quality written technical reports and prepare and give high quality technical presentations for senior management and the customer
- Proficient in the use of Excel and other statistical tools
- Previous SAPHIRE experience
- Previous Human Reliability Analysis experience
- Previous experience performing root cause analysis
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.