SAIC is seeking a SharePoint Developer to provide support in designing and implementing technologies to promote knowledge management and collaboration. The developer will prepare storage platforms, indexing strategies and user interfaces for knowledge assets as needed. The developer will draw out, capture and categorize business information by communications with stakeholders, and implement workflows and processes to manage information using knowledge management platforms. In particular –
- The candidate will support an organization within the Office of Secretary of Defense (OSD) with a portfolio of major Departmental activities.
- This will include:
- Assisting business operations to enhance overall office productivity and decision support.
- Tracking, integrating and reporting on strategic documents and initiatives and activities with knowledge management tools and processes.
- The candidate will serve as a SharePoint Developer with responsibility for evaluating, designing, and developing applications.
- The candidate will also use in-depth understanding of SharePoint, including Windows Workflow Foundation, InfoPath, and Form services to solve technical and business problems.
- SAIC is looking for an individual who has superior analytic, research, and technical skills and who is poised, articulate, and comfortable working with senior government officials.
- This position requires the ability to utilize, configure, and maintain knowledge management/decision support tools, in particular MS SharePoint, in order to track strategic actions and activities.
- Candidate duties also include soliciting input from users for upgrades and additional functionality of the tools offered and researching the availability of new tools to assist in better meeting user needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred.
- This position requires 5 years or more relevant experience with SharePoint development, preferably with the Department of Defense.
- Background and training in the application of various knowledge management and collaborative tools including MS SharePoint and SharePoint Designer is required. Applicants should have experience with SharePoint 2010, 2013, and 2016.
- Fundamentally requires an open and creative mind, the ability to conduct rigorous analysis with limited oversight from senior management, and the ability to present difficult technical concepts in simple terms.
- Requires demonstrated experience in SharePoint Designer with responsibility for evaluating, designing, and developing application software.
- Requires demonstrated experience developing, analyzing, and re-engineering business processes and standard operating procedures.
- Requires in-depth understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field.
- Requires demonstrated experience in implementing workflows and processes to manage information using collaboration and knowledge management platforms.
- Experience in MS Office applications and online research tools.
- Knowledge and experience in both SharePoint and ServiceNow and the merging/transitioning of SharePoint to ServiceNow.
- Candidates must have experience directly engaging with users of knowledge management tools to solicit input and troubleshoot issues.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required together with proficient research and analytical skills.
- Candidates must be committed to exceptional client service and professionalism while working at the client site.
- Familitarity with Office 365 and transition to the new version of SharePoint Online
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.