SAIC is seeking a Nuclear Weapons Instructor with experience in policy, strategy, and effects for the Defense Nuclear Weapons School (DNWS) on Kirtland Air Force Base in Albuquerque, NM. The Nuclear Weapons Instructor is responsible for instructing nuclear weapons core curriculum in a variety of delivery methods, as well as reviewing, updating, developing, and building course content for in-residence, Mobile Training Team (MTT), and e-Learning (Virtual and Computer Based Training (CBT)) delivery.
Primary Duties Include:
- Develop course materials and deliver instruction to senior military and civilian audiences on a broad range of nuclear issues, including subjects that relate to nuclear weapon use in strategic and non-strategic conflicts.
- Provide classroom instruction on Nuclear Weapons Branch core curriculum such as deterrence theory, nuclear proliferation, arms control, surety, nuclear operations, and policy.
- Develop technical briefings, information papers, and presentations for branch courses to educate managerial level and joint military personnel.
- Conduct research in relevant areas and provide subject matter expert advice to instructor cadre.
- Develop and present instructional material in support of the DNWS’ program to provide current and future U.S. Government workforce members with qualification in matters related to nuclear weapons with special emphasis on policy and managerial issues.
- Develop, revise and update in-resident and e-Learning (Virtual and Computer Based Training) curricula for accuracy, completeness, currency, and compliance with applicable regulations and standards.
- Evaluate curricula to identify gaps, determine requirements, and develop content for new and existing courses.
- Facilitate, conduct, and execute inter-agency coordination including meetings, scheduling, planning, curriculum review, and course execution.
- Transports students and/or moves equipment in preparation for training courses. Must possess a valid state driver’s license and be trained on the vehicle prior to use. Vehicles may include passenger vans (up to 15 passenger), sedans, and SUVs.
- Travel as required.
- Additional Duties as assigned.
- 5-10 years military experience with at least 3 years in a conventional combat arms, logistics related field, or joint staff.
- In-depth knowledge and thorough understanding of nuclear policy, radiological effects of nuclear weapons, blast and thermal effects of nuclear weapons, arms control, nuclear proliferation, nuclear intelligence challenges, and the history and evolution of nuclear weapons.
- Previous instructional experience. Knowledge of presentation best practices with the ability to convey complex technical concepts to audiences of varying backgrounds.
- Ability to manage and conduct training events and courses, as well as advise other instructors on nuclear weapons instructional matters.
- Ability to conduct research in relevant areas and give subject matter expertise advice to instructor cadre.
- Must have excellent written and oral communications skills and ability to present material that can be understood at multiple levels, including senior leaders (i.e., flag and general officers or members of the senior executive service).
- Ability to work effectively with students, staff, and outside agencies.
- Experience with MS Office tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Bachelor's Degree and six (6) years of experience; Master's Degree and four (4) years of experience. Experience can be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Demonstrated skill in the fundamentals of curriculum development, exercise development and facilitation including Practical Applications, Field Training Exercises, and Table Top Exercises.
- Experience in training management, including multiple projects in a collaborative, team-based environment.
- Experience in SharePoint a plus.
- Ability to use initiative and resourcefulness in problem-solving.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.