*This position can be worked 100% remote nationwide*
- The developer will be responsible for development, implementation, and maintenance of new or existing tools.
- Analyze and study complex system requirements.
- Design software tools and subsystems to support software reuse and domain analysis and management of implementation.
- Manage software development and support using formal specifications, data flow diagrams and other accepted techniques and computer aided software engineering (CASE) tools.
- Estimate software development costs and schedules.
- Review existing programs and assist with making refinements, reducing operating time and improving current techniques.
- Review and contribute to configuration management.
- Provide support for business system analysis and process definition.
- Write well-designed, testable, and efficient code for software components, units and modules that meet product specifications and development schedules using structured development processes.
- Evaluate code to ensure that it is valid, properly structured, meets industry standards, and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
- Develop and/or validate test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and address all browser and device types.
- Provide technical solutions and assist in work estimates for implementation of both new requirements and bug fixes.
- Research, track and understand new web technologies to provide technical leadership in developing service applications and analyzing business requirements.
- Confer with program managers and/or development teams to prioritize needs, resolve conflicts, develop content criteria, or choose solutions.
- Research, document, rate or select alternatives for web architecture or technologies.
- Maintain job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations
- Independently work on routine assignments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical field
- Final SECRET clearance
- 3+ years of experience of solid with the following technologies:
- Twitter Bootstrap
- HTML (preferably HTML5)
- Yahoo! User Interface Library (YUI)
- DataTables jQuery Plugin
- Thorough understanding of software development, design, documented formal specifications and other design techniques.
- Ability to design software tools and subsystems to support software reuse and domain analysis and maintain their implementation.
- Working knowledge of distributed software systems.
- Strong knowledge of web application fundamentals and ability to create support documentation for new applications.
- Excellent communication skills and maintaining customer/team relationships.
- Experience working in a government setting.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment utilizing a DevSecOps pipeline to provide continuous integration and continuous delivery of capability.
- Background with developer tools such as GIT or other source control, Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, or other Atlassian developer products
- Background in at least two items of the following:
- Spring Boot
- Apache Tomcat
- Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Procedural Language/Structured Query Language (PL-SQL) functions, packages, database views, constraints, and triggers
- Extensible Markup Language (XML), PDF and Microsoft Products
- Security+ Certification preferred.
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.