SAIC is seeking a Tier 2 Help Desk Systems Administrator with an active Secret Clearance to support the Air Force's Air Operations Center (AOC) Falconer Weapon System team, to organize, install, and support Government organization's computer systems, including local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), network segments, intranets, and other data communication systems. This will also include helping architect, design and analyze network models. It will require participation in decisions about buying future hardware or software to upgrade an organization's infrastructure. This position might be called upon to provide technical support to computer users to help solve users' problems. This position will support activities at Combined Air Operations Centers (CAOCs) located in various CONUS and OCONUS Air Force locations throughout the world.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Providing day to day management and operations support of Networks and implement capabilities vetted through Cybersecurity, ISSE and higher headquarters to maintain JSIG/RMF Authority to Operate and maintain Continuous Monitoring tools and processes
- Managing COTS & GOTS products to collect, display and remediate a variety of automated system security and system operations/performance functions and metrics.
- Assisting during security assessments of servers/network devices/security appliances
- Assisting during security assessments with regard to accuracy and efficiency
- Assisting with creation of operational Operations and Maintenance (O&M) checklists to maintain the service (daily, weekly, monthly, yearly O&M checklists); build Tactics, Techniques and Processes (TTPs) and Standard Operating Processes (SOPs) associated with service checklists
- Managing and operate monitoring tools/capabilities with the enterprise security information and event management (SIEM) and create/tailor complex event alarms/rules and summary reports
- Executing cybersecurity operations procedures for day to day network management, operations and maintenance
- Monitoring/analyzing output of cybersecurity related tools for reportable security incidents and residual risk
- Assisting in analyzing technical risk, upon request, of emerging cybersecurity tools and processes
- Working as part of a security incident response team as needed
- Assisting ISSM/ISSO/ISSE with the Integration/Development new techniques to improve Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability for networks/systems operating at various classification level
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors or four (4) years of relevant experience; 10+ years related System Administration Experience with a HS Diploma.
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Technician Level III within 6 months of the date of hire
- Experience working as a systems administrator on Air Force and/or DoD information systems
- Highly preferred: 5+ years’ experience working as a systems administrator on Air Force Air Operations Center (AOC) weapon systems
- Advanced technical competency in one or more of the following supported platforms:
- Microsoft Windows Server, Active Directory Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers, MS Hyper-V/VMWare/ESx/Xen Hypervisors, Enterprise networking/firewalls/intrusion detection/prevention systems, forensic analysis/vulnerability assessment, Group Policy management and configuration, Scripting, BMC Footprints, WSUS, , Lumension, Bitlocker, SQL Server 2012, TomCat, IIS, Windows Server 2012r2/2016, Win 10, Red Hat 6.5, Microsoft Office Toolkits, SEIMs, Logrhythm, ACAS/Nessus/SCAP, mandatory/role-based access control concepts (e. g. SE Linux extensions to RHEL, PitBull, AppArmor, and Sentris) , video teleconferencing/VOIP, Oracle/MS SQL database security, and/or Apache/IIS Web server security.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Windows desktop and server operating systems, Microsoft Exchange Server, and as needed RHEL operating systems administration and associated hardware
- Working knowledge of CISCO network and switching and virtualization technologies
- Working knowledge of Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) technologies and data backup technologies
- Working knowledge communication security (COMSEC) policies and integration
- Experience in effective communication and collaborating in a high performance team environment
- Extensive knowledge of DoD policy as it applies to implementing and executing system and network administration
- Experience implementing the Risk Management Framework to network/information system environments
- Working knowledge of Risk Management Framework, Common Criteria, and System Security Policy as they relate to assessments and authorization
- Must be able to regularly lift up to 50 lbs
- travel CONUS/OCONUS to system fielding sites up to 25% of the time
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate-level degree in Engineering or a related technical or business field
- Experience working in Combined Air Operations Center (CAOC) and general understanding of CAOC processes and procedures in support of execution of the Air Tasking Order (ATO) and Airspace Control Order (ACO)
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE:
- Active US DoD Secret Security Clearance granted within the last 5 years
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Clearance
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.