SAIC has an opening for a self-motivated Engineering PM - Test and Evaluation in San Diego, CA.
***This is a hybrid-remote role, requiring on-site work 2-3 times weekly, and remote work reaminder of the work week***
This specialist will provide T&E engineering management support for the coordination and management of PMW/A 170 T&E activities. Responsibilities to include:
- Assist APM T&E in developing acquisition T&E strategy and schedules, developing plans and documentation, and managing test events.
- Provide testing management and support services for the development, acquisition, integration planning and upgrade or change for PMW/A 170 programs.
- Review, update, develop or assist in the development of test-related acquisition documentation, such as test strategies, test and evaluation plans, schedules and plans, briefs, position papers, specifications and statements of work and other documentation necessary for program execution.
- Participate in risk assessments to support test-related acquisition decisions and support preparation for and, when directed, participate in acquisition decisions, program and design reviews, conferences, technical, tests and test planning working groups, discussions, and meetings.
- Participate in program Test and Evaluation (T&E) Working IPTs (WIPTs), when assigned. Assist the APMs and/or program office T&E Leads with coordinating and conducting Operational Test Readiness Reviews (OTRRs), and associated pre-OTRRs and DT readiness reviews, when required; to include meeting logistics coordination, agenda preparation, brief preparation, meeting minutes and T&E action item tracking.
- Provide subject matter expertise in support of T&E events, including reliability growth test, shock and vibration tests, performance tests, software tests, Functional and Cybersecurity T&E and other Government acceptance tests as directed by the APMs, or other PMW/A 170 representative.
- Interact and provide onsite support as required to provide expertise, prepare equipment, coordinate test activities, and witness all assigned test events.
- Conduct engineering review and analysis of technical test report documentation to include review all related developmental test CDRLs.
- Aid in strategic level technical and interfacing with Commander Operational Test and Evaluation Force (COMOPTEVFOR), JITC OPNAV and other external stakeholders in accordance with the T&E policies and procedures defined in the DoD 5000.
- Attend T&E conferences and meetings in support of the program, assist in the coordination and preparation of documentation in support of program test events (i.e., T&E strategies, Test and Evaluation Master Plan (TEMP), and system performance specifications), and provide support in evaluating DoN/DoD statutory and regulatory requirements for T&E events.
***This position REQUIRES U.S. citizenship and, at minimum, an interim DoD secret-level clearance. All candidates without an active clearance will be immediately disqualified.***
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree, engineering preferred, from an accredited college or university
- 6 years of experience relevant to T&E System Acquisition Engineer. (An additional 4 years of relevant experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree, totaling 10 years of experience). Experience should indicate direct experience developing deliverables and managing strategies to support T&E activities Defense Acquisition Lifecycle.
- Availability to travel when required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of the T&E process in the Defense Acquisition life cycle management
- This position requires a highly motivated, organized person able to effectively develop solutions to complex T&E challenges.
- The ability to plan, organize and carry through to completion T&E efforts to provide program deliverables.
- The ability to facilitate effective communication and develop partnerships with T&E stakeholders, within Navy chain of command
- Knowledge of shipboard architecture and infrastructure
- U.S. citizenship with an ACTIVE Secret security clearance.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.