SAIC is currently seeking a motivated, career and customer AWS Cloud Engineer to join our team and begin an exciting and challenging career with Air Force EITaas EUS. This position allows for 100% remote work.
- Acquires, installs, and maintains local, wide area networks and Cloud based network components and services
- Studies vendor products to determine those which best meet user needs and presents information to management for acquisition approval
- Installs new products both on premise and cloud based
- Manages network performance and troubleshoots problems
- Performs network capacity analysis and makes recommendations for efficient use of the network
- Ensures that security procedures are implemented and enforced
- Establishes and implements network policies, procedures and standards
- Maintains distributed processing databases for on-prem and cloud hosted systems
- Cross- train other team members on network components and environment
- Provides tier 3 support within the infrastructure environment
- Leads technical support and architect for all infrastructure solutions
- Possesses strong product, technology and industry knowledge
- Understands functionality and capability of a core set of on-prem and cloud infrastructure tools
- Partners with offering/solution architects to produce solution assessment, detailed conceptual and logical architectures that meet all business and technical requirements
- Collaborates with network engineers to produce detailed physical and virtual architectures that will lead to timely and successful deployment of management and automation systems
- Provides expertise and guidance on the configuration and deployment of infrastructure tools
- Recommends process/procedure improvements as discovered
- Completes assigned activities within schedule
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
- U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
- Interim Secret Security Clearance required to start
- Security + Certification or other IAT II certification required
- Cloud Certifications (Solutions Architect or equivalent)
- Cloud network and architecture design and implementation
- Experience in one or more major network vendors (Cisco, Dell, HP, Juniper, or others)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to map network architecture and make recommendations on improvement
- Strong experience deploying infrastructure in Cloud Environments
- CCNA or equivalent certifications
Target salary range: $125,001 - $150,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.