Join a winning team! SAIC’s National Security and Space (NSS) Sector is currently hiring for a customer within the Intelligence Community (IC) in Chantilly, VA. This customer is responsible for designing, building, and operating national security-related systems based in space, in the air, and on the ground. SAIC is a strong company providing opportunities for energetic individuals with a strong desire to expand their knowledge while increasing their responsibilities.
NSS Sector has an opening for a Modeler Developer Systems Engineer to provide Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) services to an IC customer. The customer organization we support provides the enterprise architecting, analysis, and systems engineering solutions that determine the current and future national space systems.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working across multiple Directorates and Offices to identify and define future space capability needs
- Frequent interaction with government, SETA, FFRDC, external stakeholders, and development contractors
- Identifying and defining future space capability needs
- Identifying key architecture and system level trades
- Enterprise and Systems Modeling, simulation, and analysis
- Planning and executing Model-based Systems Engineering (MBSE) model development in support of systems engineering objectives and program milestones
- Implementing modeling methodologies and ontologies
- Providing feedback for updates to methodologies, ontologies, MetaModels, modeling best practices and quality management processes
- Developing, integrating, and using Model-based Engineering (MBE) and MBSE tools
- Developing engineering models for the purpose of architecture development, system decomposition, analysis, and other digital engineering initiatives
- Producing model views to support program milestones and documentation
- Supporting efforts involving MBE and MBSE tools and procedures
- Generating reports out of the MBSE tools for analysis
- Supporting development of study plans for architecture development and special trade studies
- Supporting integration of architectures with other components of the technical baseline
- Developing enterprise, system, functional, performance, and interface requirements
- Preparing briefings for senior decision makers
- Bachelors and nine (14) years or more experience; Masters and seven (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and four (9) years or more experience.
- Ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Proven experience with Systems Modeling Language (SysML) and architecture frameworks such as Unified Architecture Framework (UAF)
- Proficient with MBE and MBSE tools and procedures
- Proven experience with MBSE and other tools to support analysis and visualization
- Working knowledge of systems engineering documentation to include concepts of operations, interface control documents, and verification and test
- Ability to provide technical and programmatic direction on the development, integration, and use of model-based engineering and model-based systems engineering models
- Proficient understanding of fundamental model development and its application to architecture or system design
- Experience developing and using Modeling Methodologies and Ontologies
- Understanding of customization of MetaModels
- Understanding of modeling best practices and quality management processes
- Experience developing model structure and data management principles
- Experience with requirements management in a MBSE tool to include requirements traceability and verification
- Proven experience in core systems engineering and analysis disciplines and processes
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and energetic environment
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player requiring collaboration, open communication, and willingness to work in a pair-programming style collaborative work environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Advanced degree in STEM (science, technical, engineering, math) or related discipline with emphasis on MBSE
- Experience with IC customer’s Request for Change process and the Engineering Review Board process
- Experience in modeling tools (Rhapsody or Cameo) and modeling frameworks (UAF, DoDAF, MODAF) and languages (SysML, UML, MOF)
- Prior US military and/or IC customer experience
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.