About the Opportunity
SAIC is seeking a full time Cloud Engineer/Architect to support a government client develop and implement an enterprise-wide Cloud Adoption Strategy and support the Risk Management Assessment and Authorization (A&A) processes. In this role you will perform research and development, technical analyses, and strategic program planning for the client ensuring they meet established information security, compliance, operational risk, and reporting requirements. You will develop or update process and template documentation. The candidate must be able to work independently and with a team. This position requires a broad mix of technical and business acumen coupled and excellent communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical expertise in Cloud migration
- Develop a roadmap for migrating all cloud capable workloads to the cloud
- Conduct a cloud readiness review of workloads to create a catalog of all cloud capable workloads
- Develop an approach to establish a centralized Cloud Operations Center
- Recommend incident response process improvements to incorporate cloud-based systems or systems acquired outside of the OIT data center
- Develop ATO artifact templates to include but not limited to SSPs, POAMs, Contingency Plans, and other security documentation
- Develop and present briefs to stakeholders and government leads.
- Develop deliverables to include drafting data diagrams, creating security and privacy documents
- Identify process improvements and document processes, procedures, and job aides
Required Education and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business or Engineering preferred
- 5+ years’ experience working on Cloud programs (8 years preferred) including cloud migration
- AWS architecture certification (Associate or Professional)
- 9+ years of total experience
- Experience supporting incident response processes
- Networking experience
- Experience working on Cloud programs
- Ability to self-start and discover problems and solutions for the client that were not previously identified.
- Ability to train on the ATO process as well as assist with pre-assessment preparation.
- Working knowledge of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and implementing security controls for the NIST 800-53 Rev 4,
- Working knowledge of the cloud FedRAMP process
- Strong working proficiency of Microsoft Office Suite and other PC desktop applications (including but not limited to SharePoint, Visio)
- Work well with team, internal and external clients
- Provide transparency and communicate well with others including non-technical audiences
- Ability to plan, execute, and document assessment activities following established processes and procedures, with minimal guidance
- Strong attention to detail, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to synthesize and summarize complex data into concise recommendations and deliverables
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to deliver communications in a concise, persuasive, and succinct manner
- Think logically and intuitively; Strong learning agility with the ability to learn new processes / patterns
- Working experience with IBM and Google cloud solutions
- Additional Cloud Certification (Azure, GCP)
- Experience with Infrastructure as code, Security DevOps, SysOps
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust
Target salary range: $135,001 - $145,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.