SAIC is seeking a Functional Test Engineer to join our team in Huntsville, AL.
The Network, System Integration and Test Environment (NSITE) is a Government owned, managed, and developed software suite under the Army S3I Indicium Project. NSITE is used by the Missile Defense Agency (MDA), Joint Services, and numerous labs in support of continued interoperability testing of systems employed for defense of the United States and our Allies. The NSITE software provides data collection, situational awareness, and analysis capabilities to a wide range of users who benefit from NSITE’s ability to act as an independent third-party truth teller. The Indicium Project has in-depth experience in Tactical Data Links (TDL), Missile Defense System (MDS) Test, Enterprise Information Technology, Software and Systems Engineering and Information Assurance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop test documentation and conduct test cases to functionally test each software fix/change associated with correcting a software design deficiency or enhancement.
- Develop test documentation and conduct test cases to functionally test Cyber updates and patches associated with the NSITE software.
- Develop test documentation and conduct test cases to functionally test hardware used in conjunction with NSITE software.
- During the conduct of formal and informal tests, open problem reports in Team Foundation Server for each software implementation that does not comply with its associated software requirement, as verified during test.
- Interface directly with members of Software and Functional Test Teams, NSITE Development Team, NSITE Operations Team and NSITE Program Management to include software issues detected internally and fielded.
- Interface directly with members of Indicium Integrated Communications Engineering & Security (ICES) Team in matters of cyber security, hardware and lab testing.
- Actively participate in NSITE Formal Qualification Tests to perform functional testing and assist with software testing as required. Work with Software Quality Control (QC) personnel as required during testing.
- Actively participate in all team meetings to include all sprint kickoff, sprint retrospect, and daily and weekly standup meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of experience. 4 years' experience can be accepted in lieu of degree.
- Must possess an active Secret Security Clearance.
- Active Secret Security Clearance.
- Security+ Certification or ability to obtain within 3 months of hire
- Strong Windows 10 OS configuration experience.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Experience configuring and using Internet Protocol (IP), Serial networks and Cisco networking equipment.
- Experience troubleshooting IP traffic utilizing packet sniffing software Wireshark or Omnipeek.
- Self-starter, able to function independently and in a team environment where priorities and assignments can quickly shift.
- Experience designing and writing both formal and informal test procedures.
- Experience Functionally Testing new computer hardware, NICs, switches, etc.
- Ability to write clear and concise software defect reports.
- Ability to function effectively in a dynamic environment with aggressive schedules.
- Familiarity with Tactical Interoperability Communications Data Links (6016, 3011, DIS, VMF, B Series, etc.).
- Functional understanding of tactical interoperability equipment to include Air Defense Systems Integrator (ADSI), Link Monitoring and Management Tool (LMMT), Joint Range Extension (JRE) or like systems.
- Network+ Certification.
- Familiarity with the NSITE Software.
- Software Functional Test experience to include Cyber/IA testing.
- UHF Tactical Radio operation experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Visio.
- Working knowledge of Agile Software Development processes and familiarity with JIRA Software.
- Experience using Microsoft Team Foundation Server.
- Experience operating and testing 3D graphical displays.
- Familiarity with the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) test planning and procedures.
- Familiarity with ENS cyber components and general information assurance practices.
- Familiarity with creating and understanding Visio diagrams.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.