Job ID: 2212462
Location: KIRTLAND AFB, NM, United States
Date Posted: Aug 24, 2022
Subcategory: Training Analyst
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a Training Area Manager The Training Area Manager is responsible for scheduling, managing and maintaining the training areas used in DNWS courses and training events, including the Nuclear Weapons Instructional Museum (NWIM). Defense Nuclear Weapons School (DNWS) on Kirtland Air Force Base in Albuquerque, NM.
Primary Duties Include:
· Coordinate scheduling of training areas for training events and services, and oversee scheduling of NWIM tours for outside visitors and in-resident courses.
· Manage and maintain readiness of all training sites, storage areas, and related training equipment used in training events at the DNWS training sites.
· Prepare training sites and equipment such as training aids for training events such as practical exercises and field training exercises in training areas, including radiological training sites.
· Support government Facility Manager for DTRA DNWS with work orders and minor repairs at DNWS training sites and related equipment such as training aids.
· Conduct tours and provide briefings to students, staff, and leadership, including the NWIM and nuclear enterprise related topics.
· Assist DNWS academic branches with teaching nuclear weapons core curriculum, Incident/Accident Response and other delivery of material, including facilitation of and participation in practical and field training exercises.
· Transports students and/or moves equipment in preparation for training courses, Field Training Exercises, and Practical Exercises. Must possess a valid state driver’s license and be trained on the vehicle (non-passenger vehicles) prior to use. Vehicles may include:
o Passenger vans (up to 15 passenger)
o Sedans and SUVs
o Extended cab and regular cab pick-up trucks (long and short bed)
o Pick-up trucks towing trailers of up to 30 feet in length
o Stake Trucks & Panel Trucks
o Up to 25K forklifts
· Other duties as assigned.
· Exercise planning or coordination experience.
· Physical demands include bending, sitting, standing, and driving for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift, carry, and move cases and equipment such as training aids, Protector Cases/Road Cases, and rescue dummies.
· Must be able to traverse uneven/rough terrain and work in inclement conditions such as extreme weather and night-time operations.
· Must be comfortable working in a radiological environment and wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as boots, gloves, and Tyvek suits.
· Must have excellent written and oral communications skills and ability to brief students, staff, DNWS leadership, and senior leaders (i.e., flag and general officers or members of the senior executive service).
· Experience with MS Office tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required; experience in SharePoint a plus.
· Ability to work effectively with students, staff, and outside agencies.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Experience in training management, including multiple projects in a collaborative, team-based environment.
· Ability to obtain and maintain qualifications to handle and move radiological sources
· Ability to transport, move, and handle radiological sources in support of practical exercises, Field Training Exercises (FTX), other training events, and as required by the organization.
· Previous instructional experience and knowledge of presentation best practices with the ability to convey complex technical concepts to audiences of varying backgrounds.
· Ability to conduct research in relevant areas and give subject matter expertise advice to staff and leadership.
· Ability to use initiative and resourcefulness in problem-solving.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.