SAIC has an opening for a Maneuver Battle Lab Systems Engineer in Fort Benning, GA.
The Systems Engineer supports Army communications field experiments by designing tactical radio networks and programming radios. This position focuses on the development and implementation of ad hoc Radio Frequency (RF) wireless and cellular networks, from initial system architecture through deployment, in support of Army live field experiments. The candidate performs limited tactical radio field support and must demonstrate the ability to function independently. Primary duties include installing, troubleshooting, and maintenance of C5ISR (Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber, Intelligence, Surveillance, and reconnaissance) capabilities.
Additional duties include:
- Process electromagnetic spectrum frequency requests.
- Provide advice to the Network Manager with regard to RF network engineering, satellite communications, and communications network operations support.
- Assist the Network Manager in designing a tactical radio and mission command system (Nett Warrior, JBC-P) network and program radios.
- Candidate leads the design, modification, and installation actions of the ad hoc RF network infrastructure.
- Integrate government furnished and prototype radio and mission command systems into existing network infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot radio networks to diagnose and repair system and equipment issues ensuring reliable voice and data transport.
- Perform service and repair of electronic systems, communication systems and situational awareness systems.
- Perform quality control procedures in accordance with equipment-provider technical manuals to ensure that all equipment operates within the prescribed specifications and testing guidelines.
- Provide technical assistance to users of signal equipment in order to ensure proper use and to prevent downtime and system interruptions.
- Possess a familiarity with government documentation practices, formats and technical manuals, and ensure that government and contract guidelines, regulations, policies, and standards are maintained.
- Assist with technology integration actions by executing liaison duties in coordination with select technology providers to ensure appropriate RF spectrum requirements are addressed prior to mission execution.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; four (4) years of experience may be applied in lieu of a Bachelors.
- Five years’ experience working with military radio and mission command networks.
- Experience and expertise with engineering, installation, operation, and maintenance of voice and data tactical networks as well as the troubleshooting of various long-haul voice, data, and video transmission systems, which provide communication reachback for tactical units.
- Experience with military C5ISR equipment, and integration into military tactical voice and data networks.
- Experience with design and implementation of VHF, UHF, and HF communications networks and systems across several frequency bands (L-band, S-band, C-band, X-band, Ku-band, Ka-band).
- Prior military service desired in functional area 25-series MOS, Army service preferred.
- Previous experience programming tactical radios, basic use of hand tools, and strong mechanical troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with electrical engineering (AC, DC, and battery and charging systems) to include power designs for power generation (generators, alternators, solar, etc) both single and three phase support, power converter design, power distribution, general electrical hardware/cabling knowledge (AWG, GFCI, Fuses, breakers, etc.), and electrical hardware diagnostic skillset (hardware functionality, fault isolation).
- U.S. Citizenship; candidate must be able to obtain a SECRET security clearance.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.