SAIC is seeking a candidate to support OUSD(R&E) with experience in autonomous systems and artificial intelligence, capable of providing analyses of emerging technologies, US and worldwide companies and impacts to these industries, alternative postures and methods, research, development, test, and manufacturing capabilities, technology transfer, and requirements for evolving DoD support.
- Develop and coordinate concepts and requirements for the application of current and emerging technologies as they apply to DoD's R&E program.
- Support meetings with both the Autonomous Systems and Artificial Intelligence Principal Directors and staff.
- Conduct technology research analysis for future warfighting construct with these technologies.
- Provide programmatic expertise to the Government from system concept definition through technology transfer activities.
- Provide programmatic expertise to the Government regarding gaps in development and applications of technologies to DoD capabilities.
- Develop plans to address gaps in capabilities and finances for warfighting operations.
- Make recommendations to the development of Concepts of Operations (CONOPS) pertinent to mission needs and technical capabilities.
- Represent USD R&E on Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) and participate in Government-approved conferences and forums in addition to specific USD R&E projects.
- Review cases for the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) impacts to technology.
- Manage TAPPs creation and updates as needed.
- Manage the assessments related to their specific technology area to identify risks, issues, and opportunities.
- Assist in translating the results of industrial base assessments into promote and protect strategies.
- Support promotion and protection activities for MTA and TIB.
- Support the implementation of strategies to reduce risks and exploit opportunities to advance their technology areas and the innovation base.
- Serve as a link between organizations, SMEs, and innovation base working on their technology areas to identify risks and opportunities. The contractor establishes and implements risk mitigation actions and exploit opportunities to promote the technology and innovation base.
- Collaborate with SMEs to ensure the innovation and industrial base activities meet the needs and plans for each technology area.
- Maintain consistency across academic research protection, industrial base assessments, industrial base promote & protect, leveraging the monitor function noted below.
Education & Experience
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- OSD Staff level experience.
- Desired Military experience.
- 10+ years DoD experience.
- Must possess Top Secret clearance with the ability to successfully attain an SCI.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.