SAIC is seeking a Technical Writer/Editor for the Joint Expeditionary Command and Control (JEXC2) program in Panama City Beach, FL.
- Developing high-quality documentation with minimal guidance that is coherent and easy to follow as well as complies with corresponding standard, style guide, and/or directive and meets the customers' and end users' needs. Documentation includes but is not limited to Technical Manuals (TMs), Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETMs), Test Plans, Maintenance Plans, Job Aids, Student Guides, and other instructional and guidance documentation.
- Produce defense acquisition documentation, user manuals, training manuals, and other documentation utilized by the end-user community of Department of Defense (DoD) electronic equipment and systems.
- Interpret engineering and maintenance drawings, operational procedures to understand and blend large quantities of computer related information.
- Apply concepts for technical writing based on engineering drawings, technical information from engineering documentation, consultations with engineers and subject matter experts, and other available sources.
- Performing desktop publishing support (e.g., format and layout) for technical documentation.
- Creating and manipulating charts, diagrams, etc. to be included in documentation.
- Creating and maintaining xml schema (i.e., templates, Document Type Definitions (DTDs), EDDs, read/write rules, structure applications, and conversion tables).
- Researching, collecting, analyzing, organizing, and preparing technical information and data.
- Editing technical documentation for format, accuracy, clarity, consistency, and adherence to government specifications.
- Use multiple word processing and presentation tools such as MS Word, PowerPoint, and Visio etc.
- Scheduling, attending, and participating in project meetings, review meetings, and validation/verification events.
- Creating and maintaining trackers for developing, planning, and scheduling purposes.
- Preparing photographs for documentation (e.g., color correcting, resizing, adding callouts).
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelors and three (3) years or more related experience; Masters and one(1) years related experience;
- Experience performing technical writing for secured documentation at a secured location.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and tools, and Adobe Professional or similar.
- Experience in writing of technical training materials.
- Demonstrated grammatical and spelling skills and an ability to accurately describe technical information in simple, clear language.
- Experience supporting and communicating with senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience working with computer support, video technology, distance learning, and other state of the art technologies.
- Experience utilizing SharePoint/iCenter for records management and portal dashboards for reporting.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with little oversight and supervision.
- Ability to accurately describe technical information in simple, clear language.
Candidate must have the ability to obtain a full Secret clearance; an Interim Secret clearance is required to start.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.