SAIC is currently seeking a Joint Training Specialist to support our team at USINDOPACOM HQ physically located at Camp Smith located on Oahu, Hawaii.
- Individual will support the USINDOPACOM J71 (Joint Exercises Division) as a primary Joint Exercise Planner for USINDOPACIFIC Joint Exercises to draft and publish the rewrite of the USINDOPACOM JEP Event Planning Guide.
- Applicant may be required to travel throughout the Asia Pacific region. Travel will be reimbursed in accordance with the Joint Travel Regulations (JTR).
- Candidate will provide support to J71 both on-site at USINDOPACOM, Camp Smith HI, and various Joint Exercise locations.
- Attend Joint Exercise Life Cycle Events (JELC) and other Joint Exercise Planning Events as Joint Exercise Program representative.
- Have familiarity with the Joint Training Information Management System (JTIMS) as the repository of Joint Training and Exercise data and update as required.
- Have familiarity and coordinate with the Primary J71 Joint Training Specialist on the preparation, review, and submission of Significant Military Exercise Briefs (SMEB) to Higher Headquarters
- Have familiarity with Exercise Resource Management on the completion of significant staff actions as required under the Task Management System (TMS).
- Have familiarity with the management, compilation, and analysis of Service Incremental Funding (SIF) provided to USINDOPACOM Service Components. Advocate and assist in expediting SIF distribution to Service Components.
- Have familiarity the quarterly Joint Exercise Measurements of Effectiveness (MOE) Report highlighting JOPES and SIF Joint Exercise performance.
- Have familiarity the J71 Joint Personnel Status Report (JPERSTAT), Exercise JMDs, and mission of J71.
- Be highly a competent writer/editor well-versed in MS Suite of products.
- Perform such other duties as directed by J71 and J7 T&E Leadership.
Bachelors degree and five (5) years of experience; Masters with three (3) years of experience; four (4) years of experience considered in lieu of degree.
- Be familiar with the Force Deployment Planning and Execution processes and operations.
- Operational background desired.
- Familiarity with the Joint Exercise Program.
- Familiarity with the Joint Training System, joint operations, Joint Operations Planning and Execution System, Task Management System (TMS), and involvement with staff activities at a Higher Headquarters Level preferred.
- At least 5 years at the active duty O4, or above, level preferred.
- Experience with USINDOPACOM Joint Exercises is a plus.
- Candidate will provide support to J71 at USINDOPACOM, Camp Smith HI, and various Joint Exercise locations.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must be proficient in MS Office applications.
US Citizen with an ACTIVE Secret security clearance and the ability to obtain a Top Secret.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.