SAIC is currently seeking an Joint Operations Manager to manage to the daily operations, activities and actions required in the USINDOPACOM J712, Theater Security Cooperation Exercises and Multinational Programs Branch, located on Camp Smith in Oahu, Hawaii.
- Candidate must have experience as an Operations Officer, Operations Chief or Office Manager, coordinating the day-to-day procedures and processes required to ensure the branch plans and executes required actions and deliverables on time.
- The position is expected to regularly interact with senior DoD personnel, communicate effectively both orally and in writing, and to prepare and deliver situation updates/updates on branch actions/activities and coordinate the production of deliverables by action officers and planners. T
- The ultimate responsibility is to increase the operational efficiency in Branch.
- Ensure unified action within the J712 Division to plan, direct, monitor and assess actions and products that support the Joint Exercise Life Cycle (JELC) in a dynamic and complex operational environment.
- Maintain constant communication with the Branch Chief and staff to ensure proper coordination of the personnel, meeting plans of action and milestones, and tracking the development of required deliverables by the staff.
- Develop, implement, and maintain efficient protocols, processes, and procedures.
- Assist in the development of “plans to plan” and execution of plans, scheduling and tracking events and milestone completion, calendar scheduling, and preparations for key internal events.
- Schedule In-Progress Review (IPRs) meetings with all stakeholders.
- Work with military, civilian and contractor personnel on a daily basis.
- Work and maintain appropriate OPSEC conditions at multiple levels.
- Compile and make available event daily agendas and schedules.
- Manage J712 SharePoint sites.
- Track all staffing requirements for this Branch.
- Monitor and report on progress by action officers and planners to prepare required inputs to and the maintenance of required programs and databases such as the Task Management System (TMS), Overseas Humanitarian Assistance Shared Information System (OHASIS), Joint Training Information Management System (JTIMS), DoD Enterprise Portal Service (DEPs) and other systems and ensure they remain current and up to date.
Bachelors and five (5) years experience; MBA and three (3) years of experience; four (4) years of experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- Proven experience in an operations management role.
- Experience in operations planning with US Armed Services, including joint assignments.
- Knowledge of the Joint Exercise life cycle (JELC)
- Excellent ability to delegate responsibilities while maintaining organizational control of branch operations and customer service
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and interact with senior government leadership and program managers
- Experience in planning and managing complex tasks under tight time constraints
- Knowledge of general business software and an aptitude for learning new applications
US Citizen with an ACTIVE Secret security clearance and the ability to obtain a Top Secret.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.