Job Description: Join a winning team! SAIC’s National Security and Space (NSS) Sector is currently hiring for a customer within the Intelligence Community (IC) in Chantilly, VA. This customer is responsible for designing, building, and operating national security-related systems based in space, in the air, and on the ground. SAIC is a strong company providing opportunities for energetic individuals with a strong desire to expand their knowledge while increasing their responsibilities.
NSS Sector has an opening for a digital model management systems engineer to provide Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) services to an IC customer. The customer organization we support provides the enterprise architecting, analysis, and systems engineering solutions that determine the current and future national space systems.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Define and document enterprise level policies, procedures, guidance, and best practices regarding use of modeling languages and frameworks
- Develop an organized repeatable approach, methodology, language, and style that enables elements usage with a model and sharing between model development projects
- Develop modeling methods driven by Digital Engineering and Systems Engineering objectives, including library of standardized and frequently used patterns
- Develop documentation for how to create/maintain modeling libraries that shall be used among all models
- Develop documentation for how to integrate model and develop model queries to enable architects, enterprise system engineers, and acquisition offices to obtain results of previous work
- Gather, document, and share systems engineering lessons learned throughout the enterprise
- Work across multiple Directorates and Offices to identify and define future space capability needs
- Frequent interaction with government, SETA, FFRDC, external stakeholders, and development contractors
- Develop and use Modeling Methodologies and Ontologies
- Develop and customize MetaModels
- Develop and enforce modeling best practices and support quality reviews for models
- Develop Model structure and Data Management principles
- Plan Model-based Systems Engineering (MBSE) model development in support of systems engineering objectives and program milestones
- Support efforts involving MBE and MBSE tools and procedures
- Generate reports out of the MBSE tools for analysis
- Prepare briefings for senior decision makers
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM (science, technical, engineering, math) or related discipline with at least 5 years of relevant experience; or Master’s degree in STEM with 3 years of relevant experience
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Experience with Systems Modeling Language (SysML) and architecture frameworks such as Unified Architecture Framework (UAF)
- Experience with Digital Engineering tools and procedures
- Working knowledge of systems engineering documentation to include concepts of operations, interface control documents, and verification and test
- Ability to provide technical and programmatic direction on the development, integration, and use of model-based engineering and model-based systems engineering models
- Knowledge of fundamental model development and its application to architecture or system design
- Experience with process improvement and metric development initiatives
- Experience developing and using Modeling Methodologies and Ontologies
- Understanding of customization of MetaModels
- Understanding of modeling best practices and quality management processes
- Experience developing model structure and data management principles
- Understanding of core systems engineering and analysis disciplines and processes
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and energetic environment
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player requiring collaboration to establish priorities, open communication, and willingness to work in a pair-programming style collaborative work environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Advanced degree in STEM (science, technical, engineering, math) or related discipline with emphasis on MBSE
- Working knowledge of IC customer’s Request for Change process and the Engineering Review Board process
- Experience in modeling tools (Rhapsody or Cameo) and modeling frameworks (UAF, DoDAF, MODAF) and languages (SysML, UML, MOF)
- Prior US military and/or IC customer experience
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.