SAIC’s National Intelligence Community (NIC) business unit, USG Mission and Information Technology division provides solutions and services supporting digital modernization programs in areas such as system engineering, multi-cloud computing, cyber security, data science and analytics, artificial intelligence/machine learning, quantum computing, application development, SecDevOps, cloud network operations and secure communications.
We are seeking highly motivated Sr. Cloud Engineers to join our multi-million dollar national intelligence program supporting the Cloud Investment Multi-Cloud Management (CIMM) team. As a contributor to the intelligence community’s first multi-cloud initiative, you will be at the epicenter of emergent cloud computing technologies establishing a foundation that will evolve to include all agencies within the IC. The ideal candidate will advise mission users on utilizing cloud-based IT systems, provide support for development in or transition to the cloud, implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of cloud environments, as well as managing system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems.
- Advising Government stakeholders on multi-cloud, multi-agency collaborative activities that require navigating agency-specific policy requirements.
- Providing cloud strategy services that cover all security fabrics and are available to the Government to assist with the relocation of an organization’s business applications, data, and workloads to ensure maximum effectiveness of the multi-cloud environment.
- Serving as a Cloud–agnostic evangelist and helps educate the Government customer on cloud Services
- Defining and documenting best practices and strategies regarding application deployment and infrastructure maintenance.
- Reviewing mission system requirements and facilitating technical recommendations for CSP Task Order Proposal Requests (TOPRs).
- Providing advisory services to the Service Provider and IC Element for the discovery, adoption, and understanding of new and existing CSP service offerings operating in the C2E environment.
- Advising the Government on application performance, uptime, and scale best practices, maintaining high standards of code quality and thoughtful design
- Ensuring the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into cloud solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph is required to be considered for this position
- BS in STEM domain or related field and 5 years of experience in a cloud and/or hybrid environment (additional 4 years of experience in lieu of degree)
- Five (5) or more years of demonstrated experience in two or more following activities:
- IaaS, PaaS and SaaS Services (compute, storage, network, security, administration, automation, application services, databases) in either native cloud or hybrid-cloud environments.
- Developing and deploying cloud solutions to one or more of the following CSPs:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud (GCP), IBM Cloud and/or Oracle Cloud
- Experience in building and deploying systems on the Cloud, using CI/CD frameworks and Infrastructure automation
- Large-scale data architecture, data modeling, database design, and information systems implementation
- Ability to translate requirements into end-to-end designs for systems that involve multiple interfaces and supporting data repositories.
- Strong customer service skills, teaming skills, and the ability to collaborate within a cross-functional team as well as the cloud service providers (AWS, Microsoft, Google, IBM, Oracle)
- Cloud Certifications (Solutions Architect/DevOps/Security/ML)
- Azure, OCI, GCP and IBM cloud certifications desired
- Strong analysis and quality assessment skills
- Operating Systems experience with various Linux and Windows distributions
- Experience with SQL and databases
- Experience migrating both custom built and enterprise apps to from on-prem to cloud.
- Experience in debugging performance and technical issues.
- Excellent verbal/written communications and the ability to work well independently and in a team environment
- Ability to explain technical issues clearly and accurately to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to changing priorities
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.