Distributed Experimentation Environment (DE2) and Vanguard Force DevOps Environment (VFDE) - These DARPA-led initiatives are designed to leverage Live, Virtual and Constructive (LVC) experimentation in developing advanced warfighter architectures and CONOPS and link sensors and weapons platforms in times of critical conflict around the globe.
The position requires an individual with expertise and extensive experience in technical programs, technical program management, agile software development, and specific experience with software development in a DevOps environment. The candidate will provide technical support to improve Multi-Domain Command and Control (MDC2) capabilities through the development and continuous improvement of the Distributed Experimentation Environment (DE2) and Vanguard Force DevOps Environment (VFDE). Contractor support shall improve DE2/VFDE processing, cybersecurity, hardware and software, exploitation, and Battlespace Management and C2 (BMC2) capabilities across all warfare domains.The position is based in San Diego, CA.
Key duties/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for managing software baseline changes and the effects on the overall system.
- Managing multiple environment baselines at multiple classififcation levels
- Enabling automation in SCM including software builds, audit tools and transfer mechanisms
- Assist in documenting and tracking all aspects of system development and modifications.
- Ensures configuration identification by reviewing design release documents for completeness and proper authorizations.
- May structure and maintain databases.
- Submits engineering changes to customers for review and approval; maintains records and submit reports regarding status.
- Prepares configuration verifications for all facets of programs.
- Applies extensive technical expertise and has full knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Develops technical solutions to complex problems, which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 14+ years of related experience; Master’s with 12+ years; PhD with 9+ years
- Active TOP SECRET/SCI Clearance
- Seven (7) years or more relevant Software Engineering and Software CM experience
- Six (6) or more years managing software, source code and other artifcats under configuration control in a SCM tool such as Git, Bitbucket, SVN or similar.
- High level knowledge of CM principles and experience or training in the use of CM tools
- Experience in Software Release and Baseline Management
- Strong attention to detail with exceptional time management and communication skills
- Excellent writing skills required for preparation of process documentation, deliverables, and other work products
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task in a fast-paced collaborative environment
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.