SAIC is seeking a motivated and ambitious Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Software Engineer Associate to join the Software, Simulation, Systems Engineering and Integration Directorate (S3I) Joint Technology Center – Systems Integration Lab (JSIL) Tech Center in Huntsville, AL. The UAS Software Engineer will perform software development in C++, C#, Java, Python, Bash, and PowerShell in support of UAS and associated subsystems.
The candidate will be required to:
- Work within an agile environment to design, write, and test Object Oriented software (SW) components/applications through the entire SW lifecycle
- Work with system integrators, network engineers, and project managers to create software applications
- Work within an agile scrum development model producing software applications and installation scripts on a biweekly basis
- Identify and investigate solutions to technical problems/needs of moderate scope and complexity where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors
- Develop software tools and applications based on system level requirements in C++, C#, Bash, PowerShell, python, or Java based on the individual system needs
- Develop engineering technical material including but not limited to System Decryption Documents, Installation Guides, and Interface Control Documents
- Participate in peer reviews of requirements, design, test strategies and implementation
- Use scripting languages to produce software installers and configure operating system settings in Bash, PowerShell, Java, and Python
- Develop engineering technical material including but not limited to System Decryption Documents, Installation Guides, and Interface Control Documents.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or equivalent degree from an accredited university
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and zero (0) years related experience; four (4) years of experience are accepted in lieu of a degree.
- An Interim Secret Security Clearance is required to begin employment; a Secret Security Clearance is required to maintain employment.
- Experience with C++, C#, or Java software development, peer code review, or software test
- Solid understanding of OOP, basic Data Structures, and basic Algorithms
- Experience with Atlassian workflow management software or similar Agile SW development
- Experience with technical documentation writing
- Understanding of computing system architectures and virtual machines is a plus
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Bash, and PowerShell is a plus
- Experience with Socket Programing, JavaFX, Eclipse, Gradle or Maven is a plus
- Experience with Git and Continual Integration (CI) pipelines is a plus
- Experience with Docker is a plus
- Experience with static code analysis tools and utilization is a plus
- Experience with database development (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc) is a plus
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.