SAIC is seeking a Maritime Surface Warfare Operations Support Senior for the US Air Force Agency for Modeling and Simulation (AFAMS) program in Kaiserslautern, Germany.
AFAMS is the premier agency responsible for implementation, integration, and development of Modeling and Simulation (M&S) and training and analysis standards that support the US Air Force (USAF), Department of Defense (DoD), and mission partners requiring these capabilities to support the Warfighter in full-spectrum operations. As the lead agent for M&S within the USAF, AFAMS gathers requirements, seeks out potential solutions, and integrates legacy and emerging M&S solutions across the USAF and the DoD. The USAF has an M&S initiative that focuses on providing simulation and synthetic training as the critical capability to augment live training, act as an enabler for critical decision-making, and enhance human performance. In the current resource constrained environment, demand for M&S rises with the continuously evolving need for operational readiness and mission preparedness across the USAF, DoD, and with coalition partners. AFAMS focuses on providing innovative M&S services as the key to meeting this demand.
The role of this position is to support the USAFE-AFAFRICA Warfare Center (UAWC) at Einsiedlerhof AS, Germany. The Maritime Surface Warfare Operations Support Senior will:
- Provide Maritime Surface Warfare operations expertise for all UAWC supported training exercises and events.
- Support Tier 1-4 exercises including, but not limited to, large force exercises integrating joint, combined, allied, and other partner nations’ forces in an air, land, and sea battlespace, and support smaller scenarios integrating specific capabilities.
- Generate documents and mission materials in support of exercise scenarios. These include, but are not limited, to Naval Operational Taskings (OPTASKs), Air Operations Directive (AOD), Airspace Control Plan (ACP), Air Tasking Order (ATO), Airspace Control Order (ACO), Area Air Defense Plan (AADP), communication plans, Special Instructions (SPINs), Orders of Battle (OOB), red air plans, briefings, and mission cards.
- Perform White / Blue / Red Force functions during execution of Tier 1-4 exercises and training events with virtual and constructive models. These include but are not limited to: Future Force Experimentation Air Defense Simulation (FFEADS), International Simulation (ISim), Modern Air Combat Environment (MACE), and Next Generation Threat System (NGTS).
- Lead all aspects of Joint Event Life Cycle (JELC) planning, including concept development, planning conferences, mission planning, white force briefs, mass briefs, execution, debriefs, and after action report completion with the exercise audiences.
- Support the operational and technical aspects of maritime Anti-Air Warfare (AAW) and Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD) integration into Live, Virtual, and Constructive (LVC) scenarios to exercise and validate planned air and missile defense designs, concepts, and procedures.
- Prepare, coordinate, and present Maritime Surface Warfare briefings. Lead Maritime Surface Warfare discussions with a wide range of audiences as requested by the Government
- Minimum of 10 years of experience conducting Maritime Surface Warfare operations.
- Minimum 5 years of experience conducting AAW and BMD operations on the AEGIS combat system supporting Integrated Air and Missile Defense (IAMD).
- In-depth knowledge of the Joint Operations Planning Process (JOPP).
- Familiarity with the US Air Force planning processes.
- Outstanding organizational skills, communications skills, and attention to detail.
- Proficient with MS Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint, and Teams.
- Waiver of individual experience/qualification requirements will be addressed by UAWC on a case-by-case basis and approved by the FEDSIM COR or CO.
Desired Qualifications and ExperiencE (SENIOR)
- Experience in the European Theater of Operations (ETO) exercising Theater Operation Plans and Contingency Plans; expertise in AEGIS weapons system capabilities and limitations, AAW and BMD TTPs, and countering air and missile threats doctrine.
- In-depth understanding of North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) maritime and air operations.
- Previous qualification as an Upper-Tier Coordination Officer.
- Experience executing Composite Warfare Commander, Air Warfare Commander, and Ballistic Missile Defense Commander responsibilities.
- Previous qualification as a Tactical Action Officer (TAO) on the AEGIS combat system.
- Command Staff experience.
- Air Operations Center (AOC) experience.
- Graduate degree in a related discipline.
- Familiarity with Missile Defense Agency (MDA) processes and planning.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.