SAIC is seeking a Program Analyst to join our team supporting NAVAIR in Patuxent River, MD. The position will provide direct support to PMA 265, the The F/A-18 & EA-18G Program Office. This role will be primarily onsite, with some ability to telework. No Travel is anticipated for this role. Responsibilities:
- Manage the PMA-265 Flight Clearance Priority list
- Coordinate with platform CHENGs, various NAVAIR stakeholders, prime contractor and F-18 product developers
- Reconcile and consolidate inputs and assessments into a single source aid used by technical engineers to prioritize efforts in reviewing clearances weekly.
- Provide additional support as liaison to product developers for Interim Flight Clearance’s (IFC).
- Engage daily with engineers via email, Teams, and or phone to ensure progression on clearances.
- Elevate issues to DCHENG and platform CHENGs for situational awareness and or timely engagement to recover schedule to IFC need by date.
- Analyze need dates in accordance with weekly and monthly priorities defined by DCHENG and or platform CHENGs. Provide compiled weekly data on IFC folders to Deputy Chief Engineer (DCHENG) or if unavailable, the platform CHENG(s) for final review in accordance to weekly priority distribution.
- Daily revisions to IFC spreadsheet using e.Power (Flight Clearance tool) to ensure up-to-date changes to Subject Matter Experts (SME). This includes updates to additional SME’s, amending need dates, communicating with engineers and archiving completed IFC’s with assigned date time group identification numbers.
- Provide engineer project analysis support efforts for development and status of procurement plans. Offer configuration documentation to the Engineer Leadership Team. Support and attend weekly engineering meetings, provide status updates and task assistance as requested. Assist (CHENG, DCHENG) and Level 1 engineering taskers and meetings. Communications to Level 1 engineers issues, priorities, data needs, or help needed with interim flight clearances.
- Manage access to NAVAIR Common Message Processor (CMP). Enable and assist in future default message templates for engineers with the process of interim flight clearances.
- Manage, track, and route Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) through engineering collaboration for review and approval stages. Provide additional support to configuration managers weekly for engineer reviews and urgent ECP demands and schedules.
- Provide additional support with NATOP (Naval Training and Operating Procedures Standardization Program) and NATIP (Navy Technical Information Program) product developers on folders for need date changes to chapters quarterly. Assist NATOP/NATIP product developers connecting them to the subject matter experts to ensure folder’s deadlines.
- Manage the engineering priority distribution list for the team.
- Manage engineer calendar for all major Engineering activities, events and leave for weekly distribution and updates on engineering Microsoft TEAMS channel; .ensure that there is Engineering coverage (Chair/Support) for these events and provides it to the team at the Weekly Engineering Status Meeting for the Chief Engineer
- Provide support to CHENG and DCHENG with Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA).
- Manages the Engineering SharePoint page
- Creating Interactive calendar for events and leave tracking
- Establishing information share locations to improve lessons learned and overall information flow across the teams.
- Create TEAMS engineering channels in support of CHENG and Deputy CHENG, as required and or directed.
- Attend the monthly ECP Status review with Boeing to keep informed with ECP statuses and then to pass along any pertinent information to Engrg Team members, as appropriate.
- Attend the monthly Defense Travel meeting for updates and changes to the process.
- Attend weekly OP’s meetings to stay engaged, pass along pertinent information to the Engineering team, and assist when needed.
- Assist CHENG and DCHENG when required with travel arrangement through Defense Travel System for travel orders and vouchers.
- Coordinate the subject matter experts (SMEs) for the APMSEs of the program to hold the meetings for the Engineering/Data Requirements Agreement Plan’s (E/DRAP) process. Document the data requirements and facilitate SME agreements to create an EDRAP artifact for the APMSEs to assist in statement of work language writing, program planning, and ultimately airworthiness artifact planning.
- Manage the operational limitation database, facilitate the planning, input of limitations, and reviews by the subject matter experts to publish limitation that impact airworthiness. Work with lead test engineers to ensure they understand the limitations that impact their test efforts and facilitate the planning to expand limitations by way of getting the right SMEs the data they need to review and expand limits and ultimately transition the final limits to the permanent flight clearance.
- Assist in on-boarding of new-to-PMA-265 engineers thru their first 6-months. Track and monitor their transition plan execution and assigned mentor Engr.
- Assist in off-boarding of PMA-265 engineers to include those Engrs lateralling into new 265 positions, thru their first 6-months. Track and monitor their transition plan execution and assigned mentor Engr.
- Advise CHENG and DCHENG of Engrg personnel changes to inform updates to PMA-265 Engrg Org Chart.
***This position REQUIRES U.S. citizenship and, at minimum, an ACTIVE DoD secret-level clearance. All candidates without an active clearance will be immediately disqualified.***
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business, Management, or related technical discipline with 2+ years of related experience. Experience will be accepted in lieu of degre
- Understanding and the ability to execute tasks associated with NAVAIR’s Systems Engineering Technical Reviews (SETR), Systems Engineering Transformation (SET) initiative, Engineering Change Proposal (ECP), and Airworthiness/Cybersafe processes
- Clear written and verbal communications skills
- Proficient with MS Office products
- Strong time management skills and ability to multitask
- Secret Clearance
- Prior NAVAIR Program Office experience
- Procedural familiarity with
- Configuration Management / Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) / Technical Directives
- Airworthiness / Operational Limits
- Engineering Data Requirements Agreement Plans (EDRAPs)
- Foreign Military Sales (FMS)
- Technology Security/Foreign Disclosure (TSFD) requirements
- Use of Collaborative Tools (ex. Microsoft Teams)
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.