SAIC is seeking a Software Developer - DevOps in Patuxent River, MD to support the Modeling & Simulation Enterprise Applications (MSEA) product suite supports modeling and simulation (M&S) environments; trainer systems; test and evaluation (T&E); analysis; live, virtual and constructive (LVC); research and development (R&D) activities for DoD agencies and its international partners. All products are government owned, developed and managed. The Next Generation Threat System (NGTS) is a continually evolving synthetic environment generator that supports multiple platform/services training, testing, analysis and research and development. This Developer will support a team developing software for an advanced synthetic training environment. This software is integrated into flight simulators to support pilot training against potential threats. Some of the responsibilities of this role include:
- Support software development, software integration, customer training and demonstrations.
- Implements new and/or upgrade existing automated build services that support our development process on both Windows and Linux systems
- Scales up our capacity for and utilization of automated building and testing
- Facilitates and grow the amount of automated testing used by our team
- Monitors, maintains and reports on the status of automated build and test services
- Develops and integrate tools as needed to improve developer efficiency
- Promotes best practices and technologies to the team and to team leadership
- Collaborates with our IT team, maintain a strong security posture on our systems
***This position REQUIRES U.S. citizenship and, at minimum, an ACTIVE Secret Clearance with the ability to achieve a DoD Secret-level clearance (requires citizenship). All candidates who do not meet this qualification will be immediately disqualified***
Education and Experience Requirements:
- BS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering. Degrees in Engineering, Math, and Physics may qualify with at least four (4) years of software build and scripting experience. Four (4) additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain a TS clearance
- 3+ years of professional experience as a Software, IT, or Systems Engineer with demonstrated experience building and maintaining automated software development environments
- Proficient with configuration management systems, especially Git
- Proficient with integration tools such as: GitLab CI or Jenkins
- Proficient in scripting languages such as: Bash, Batch and/or Python
Desired Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Strong ability to identify and solve problems across many different systems, applications, and operating systems
- Excellent judgment, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication, collaboration and time management skills
- Current understanding of how "DevOps" is transforming traditional software development
- Familiarity with build systems, such as cmake, make and Visual Studio
- Ability to read, understand, compile and debug C++ applications on Windows and Linux
- Experience with flight simulation, modelling for simulation, graphics programming
- Understanding of distributed computing and related architectures
- Experience with container technology, such as Docker and Podman and Kubernetes/Openshift
- Experience with infrastructure management tools like Ansible and Puppet
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.