SAIC has an opportunity for a Senior Network Monitoring Tools Engineer in Springfield, VA
This role is temporarily hybrid remote due to Covid-19 and could be called back into the office full time at the customer's request.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support engineering and tier 2/3 O&M for network monitoring (traffic, health, faults), and network security related tools systems.
- Provide Tier II/III Support to include in-depth analysis and troubleshooting of issues
- Support remediation of patch and package installation failures, installing or removing patches, and proactively maintaining and monitoring system compliance
- Perform O&M activities related to the management of enterprise tools to include maintenance actions, engineering changes, upgrades, and remediation of potential security vulnerabilities. [
- Support A&A efforts and the development of systems administration processes for 24/7 Operations personnel.
- Support Configuration and Change Management processes to obtain approval and document system modifications and software/patch deployments.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelors in a computer science/computer engineering related discipline and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; may accept additional experience in lieu of degree
- 7 years’ experience as a hands-on systems engineer
- Must be able to multi-task in a dynamic, fast-paced, environment, have good communication skills, work well in a team environment, have good interpersonal skills, be a quick learner, and have a positive, can-do attitude.
- Hands-on experience with engineering and administrations of systems/tools with subject matter expertise being in network monitoring (traffic, health, faults), and/or security related tools systems.
- Excellent knowledge of network flow and packet capture mechanisms and tools.
- Experience in analyzing network traffic patterns and anomalies.
- Good knowledge of network and network device characteristics.
- Experience with Linux systems administration
- Hands-on experience supporting requirements gathering, systems development, systems testing, deployment and customer acceptance
- Must be able to support the generation of documented processes and procedures for use by operations personnel.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Familiarity with Hardware/Software Change and Configuration Management Processes
- Must have strong communication skills with both Technical and Non-Technical personnel.
- Must hold an active Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a TS clearance.
- Basic familiarity with databases querying (basic SQL expertise or learning).
- Secret clearance with the ability to obtain Top Secret.
- Top Secret preferred
- Hands-on experience engineering/supporting systems on Linux Platforms
- Hands-on experience engineering, configuration and administrating network monitoring tools (e.g. LiveAction, Niksun, Counterflow, or other Netflow and packet capture tools).
- Hands-on experience with Cisco Smart Software Manager (CSSM)
- Advanced Security certifications (e.g. CISSP, Security+) and training in enterprise systems and/or tools
- Experience supporting Department of State, other Federal, or DoD systems on both unclassified and classified networks
- Experience with data visualization techniques and technologies
- Powershell scripting
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.