Job ID: 2211677
Location: WASHINGTON, DC, United States
Date Posted: Aug 3, 2022
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Technical Support
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: Hybrid Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is looking for an IT Support Technician 2 to join our team in Washington D.C.
- Responsible for providing desk side and/or call center support to end users for complex issues. Escalation point for IT Support Tech level 1.
- Work with developers and other groups to resolve technical problems.
- Create, respond, and escalate tickets as necessary to the proper support groups. Each ticket must have troubleshooting documentation that explains the problem, the troubleshooting steps taken on the problem and the status or resolution to the problem.
- Provide timely responses to client and management requests. Status updates on such requests need to be provided on a regular basis.
- Follow set policies and procedures when assisting clients to ensure proper handling of requests.
- Contribute knowledge and updated information to maintain the Standard Operating Procedures and Training manuals for Tier I support.
- Assist in new hire training to ensure successful integration into the team.
- Maintain a professional attitude and provide excellent customer service at all times, to include maintaining a good work ethic and assisting other analysts when needed.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience providing desk side and/or service desk IT support, specializing in troubleshooting end-user issues with hardware and software.
- Must have a broad base of knowledge and be fluent in multiple IT disciplines such as computing, computer workstations, computer hardware and software, productivity tools, applications and networking. CompTIA A+ certification may be substituted for 1 year experience.
- Be willing to support both phone support and or in person support.
- Must be fulling vaccinated and be willing to come on site daily during first shift
- Must be a US Citizen, have clear background/credit, and be willing to wait 4-6 weeks to start work
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.