Job ID: 2211568
Location: PHILADELPHIA, PA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 9, 2022
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Database Engr
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a highly motivated and self-directed professional to fill the role of remote Senior Database Administrator to serve on a team supporting Veterans Affairs. The Senior Database Administrator will be part of a high performing team that is tasked with migrating current on premises hardware and applications to the AWS GovCloud.
As part of the team, you will act as the subject matter expert to migrate current on premises Oracle databases to the AWS GovCloud. You will use the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) by assessing functional and technical requirements, performing detailed design activities, writing testable and efficient code in support of those designs.
· Serve as a the DBA lead for the cloud migration activities on a Scrum team
· Assist with the configuration and deployments of systems in the AWS environment
· Debug and resolve application and data issues
· Interface with internal teams and customers
· Participate in, and document the results of, peer code reviews
· Create SDLC-mandated project and product documentation
· Reports to a Scrum team lead with additional oversight provided by project manager
· Create and manage tables, indexes, schemas, and database links
· Manage all phases of the SDLC from analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and maintenanc
· Monitoring the performance of hardware and software
· Reporting on metrics regarding usage and performance
· Ensure the data quality and integrity in the database
· Fix issues related to database performance and provide corrective measures
· Suggesting changes and improvements for database maintenance or protection
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.